Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Can you see what's happening...What? Monday, June 13, 2016

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family

Okay okay okay I forgot to send my address last time. But here it is 9 Brookland Apartments, Mill Moor Road, Meltham, Holmfirth, HD9 5NF. Hope to hear from ya'll soon. Thank you for putting a bit of money in my account. Tell Sue I am doing fine! But let her know I am thankful that she worries. Haha. Oh my goodness I can't believe she sent those videos! Haha. That was a fun day. During lunch we were really bored. I had just finished my food and so I started singing and dancing. haha. Tell me all about Timberline when it happens. I miss it. Happy Birthday Kylee and Happy Anniversary Mum and Dad. Kylee is there anything specific that you want? I was able to have a final interview with President Pilkington a few weeks ago. As far as the transition. President Pilkington says once President Turvey is over the boundaries He is done. Haha. They will have about 2 hours together to discuss the mission and then the keys go to President Turvey. I don't know much about him other than he is a really nice guy. We will see.

Elder Cottrell and I have had so many miracles this past week. We are getting to know the area and getting to know the members which is so good. This ward is so keen on missionary work it is so great. They are so willing to help out and just want to know what we need. So Karleen wasn't able to make it to Church this past week. :( Her phone died and then she had an electrical problem so we couldn't contact her. But we finally got in touch with her and we are seeing her tonight. We are excited. She is doing so great. Her prayers are so good. Probably better than mine. You can really tell that she is communing with our Heavenly Father. She is working really hard to quit smoking so she can get baptized on the 25th of June. Miracles are happening.

We are also working with a girl named Aimee. She has been coming to Church for a little while now too. Last Tuesday we taught her about Prayer, Scripture Study and the Importance of Church. It was one of the most powerful lessons we have had. The spirit was so strong. We discussed the feelings of the spirit and we were able to point them out to her at that moment. It was so good. Everything was just standing still. It is so hard to explain the feelings. But then we taught her about the importance of baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost. We asked her if she wanted to feel peaceful always. She told us yes and so we invited and scheduled her for baptism. She is working towards the 25th of June. I am confident that she will make it. Miracles are happening.

We are also working with a Mum and a son. Veronica and Luke. They have gone through everything in their life. They work hard and really don't get much in return. The first time we went over we found out that Veronica doesn't really trust herself or trust God. So we have been really focusing on trying to strengthen her relationship with Heavenly Father. She has been looking at all the bad things which are happening in her life so we invited her to write down every night 1 good thing that happened in the day and then 2 things she is grateful for. She started doing it and you should see the changes. Her and Luke seem so much happier. It is amazing how the gospel of Jesus Christ changes people physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. This is all because Heavenly Father loves us and cares so much about our welfare. He knows us individually and will do anything for us.

We are working with so many other people. We are finding loads. Can I just say I love finding. It scares me sometimes to talk to people but I absolutely love it. Well you will have to forgive me because I really didn't take any pictures this week....I am sooooooo sorry. I promise I will take some next week. Love you all. If there is anything you need let me know.

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

No comments:

Post a Comment