Monday, June 6, 2016

Utahans Rollin' through the Country side

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family,

Before I forget about these things. So lately I have had to spend quite a bit of personal funds on travel and such things. I am now officially almost broke. I have £10 to my name. Haha yay for me. I guess this is me hoping that just out of safety you could spare maybe £1 so I have £11 rather than £10. :) I love you guys! Haha. Also I was thinking one night whilst trying to sleep. You said that the swim coaches are quitting. Do you think I could apply for the job? If you could get back to me on information and such things that would be great. If not its okay. Last thing did Kynsie have a chance to register me for my classes. Wow that was weird talking about things like work and school. Kylee of course I will bring you something. Anything in particular? I will see what I can do. Tanner are you excited for Timberline? Remember something very important. Those boys are looking at you as an example. Be there to uplift and inspire them to do great things. I remember one of the first times I had an inkling of a belief in Heavenly Father was at Timberline. We were sitting on the side of the Mountain and hearing many of the testimonies. I felt the spirit so strong. From that point I have changed so much. Kylee don't worry about camp big springs. You will have so much fun. When I went I was worried about not being able to sleep as well, but when I got there I just had so much fun and got involved with everything. Before I knew it, the end of the week was there and I didn't want to leave. Just have lots of fun. Also remember that no matter where you are Heavenly Father is there looking after you, you can pray whenever you want and ask for comfort. But also remember to be safe. Ah it seems like you all have had so much fun. 

This week has actually been really good. Even though it has been really busy. I am serving with Elder Cottrell from Centerville Utah. He has been on the mission for a bit over a year. He actually came to England but got ill and had to go home for a bit. He is a great missionary. So funny as well. We both area booked in the area and are just trying to find our way around. The country side is beautiful and we are using it to our advantage. We ask people what two Utah boys can do in the country side and say that it reminds us of back home. It is so beautiful out here. We were luckily left with a few people to work with. 

So first Karleen. She is from Jamaica and is a lovely lady. She loves God and Jesus Christ. We went over for the first time and she just expressed how she has felt as she has been meeting with the missionaries. It was so good. We then taught her about faith repentance and baptism. She said that she wants to work towards baptism so we scheduled her for the 18th of June. She has been to church the past few weeks and has thoroughly enjoyed it. The ward just took her in. It was great. We barely had a chance to talk to her. She is just trying to stop smoking but I know that she will be able to make it.

We also went by a guy by the name of Ben. Ben is great. We were able to teach him about the importance of reading the Book of Mormon and praying and attending church. He understood it all. He said that he never really believed but now he does. He prays and says that it is like he has done it his whole life. We invited him to be baptized on the 25th of June. He said that he could see himself getting baptized. Well we weren't able to see him this weekend but then on Sunday he called us and asked us when we were free to meet with him. Wow what a miracle. We are seeing him on Wednesday.

So we also went by a less active girl and her family. Her family aren't members but they are so interested. Verona the Mother said that she knows she is going to get baptized but doesn't know when. We told them that we were going to do an American BBQ, because they like BBQ's and that we were going to teach them about Joseph Smith. We are seeing them tonight and we are going schedule them. We are so excited to work with them.

We have been seeing so many great miracles. Finding has been so much fun and we have found a lot of good people who we hope to see very soon.

Well I know that this church is true. I miss you all but this is where I am supposed to be and I am staying. Love you all.

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES.

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

I love Meltham but I miss my York Family! 


Yippee!!!!! He sent PICTURES! :)
I'm soooo HAPPY!  


Elder Rife with Sue before he left York 

Elder Rife with one of his investigator's in York

No comments:

Post a Comment