Monday, May 18, 2015

Where's Waldo?

hiya family! :)
 
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TAN TAN THE LADIES MAN!!! I am sending a happy birthday letter to you...it just hasn't gotten in the post yet! Mum, Grandma have you guys gotten your Mothers day card? Tanner tell me about how your birthday went!! You are getting so old!! I can't believe it! What film did you watch? Kylee, I wish I was there for your dance recital, but I know you did awesome because I saw your picture and you looked beautiful!! :) I just have a few favors! So this past week, I have had to dip into my personal funds quite a bit. We have been traveling everywhere and with me driving it has taken quite a bit of money...to the point of being broke! ah not good. So could you guys put money in so it doesn't go into debt, I will get all the money reimbursed but I won't be able to put it back into my bank account. Could you also maybe just make sure in the future that my account stays full with about $150. I will not be taking money out for quite awhile now!
 
My new companion is Elder Smith. He is from Missouri, near Joplin. We actually were in the MTC together so that is cool! He is a good missionary and I know that good things will happen while we are serving together. There are 4 of us in the district and although I am district leader I am a normal missionary doing all the normal things! Which is amazing!
 
This week not much has happened. Carl is still doing good and Caroline is still doing good! But unfortunately all of our other investigators have either dropped us or we have dropped them. Which is sad but good to start completely fresh again. So as a result of that Elder Smith and I have done loads of finding! But within the past 3 days we have found about 10-15 potential investigators! They all seem pretty solid. We were able to turn 3 of those into new investigators and are starting to teach them now. Their names are Janet, Roan, and Danny. They all have a desire to find out the truth and said that if they found out it was true they would be baptized. So keep your fingers crossed! We were knocking doors last night and weren't having much success...we were knocking and doors were being slammed in our faces. This guy was walking by who had a red striped shirt on and so I said something about wheres waldo and all he did was started laughing. We then got into a conversation and he asked us...he asked us what it is that we do. We told him and he seemed really interested and when we asked him if we could come around and share the message of the Restoration, he said yes and was really excited about it! His name is Kurt, so hopefully we will be able to start working with him as well! Good things are happening and I am really excited for this new experience with Elder Smith. I loved that thing you emailed me about change...it is completely right! Change is good, success only comes from always changing, learning, and growing! I love you all I love this missionary work and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I miss you and hope you are well. Miracles are happening and I will update you on miracles in the coming week. I love you all.
 
God be with you till we meet again. on our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES
 
Love, Elder Tyler Rife


I thought that since Tyler didn't include any pictures this week I would include the section of our letter that was emailed to him. It was the part that Tyler said he really loved about change...
Hope he sends a picture or two next week.
I LOVE it when he does!!!  :)

Change Is Inevitable -- Embrace It
Only when you embrace change can you find the good in it. You need to have an open mind and open arms if you’re going to recognize, and capitalize on, the opportunities that change creates. You’re bound to fail when you keep doing the same things you always have in the hope that ignoring change will make it go away. After all, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Life doesn’t stop for anyone. When things are going well, appreciate them and enjoy them, as they are bound to change. If you are always searching for something more, something better, that you think is going to make you happy, you’ll never be present enough to enjoy the great moments before they’re gone.

Well son, it was exciting to hear about the changes that have come to you during this past transfer.  You get to learn how to get along with a new companion/personality and at the same time you get to start taking on some leadership responsibilities.  This change brings lots of opportunity for growth and learning.  Your opportunity to positively influence and motivate others has grown significantly.  Remember they Saviors leadership pattern… he was a shepherd not a sheep herder. People followed him because of His love, understanding, and example.  He invited change and obedience by reaching out in service and compassion.   It’s time for another Stop, Start, and Continue exercise.  It’s time to think about how you want to be remembered as a missionary and a leader.  It’s time to think about what you liked in people who successfully lead and then make plans and choices that will help you to be the type of leader your Father in Heaven wants you to be.  We pray for your safety and success.  Let us know about all of the changes and how you are feeling about life.  Also, where is your companion from?  What are some of your new responsibilities as a district leader?  How many people are in your district?  And….any other exciting news you can think of telling us.  J  Have a fantastic week and know we LOVE ya , miss ya and are ALWAYS praying for you.

Love you lots,
Move and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment