Monday, April 25, 2016

Blessings left and right - Monday, April 18, 2016



Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family,

It doesn't seem like you all had a boring week. It seems like you have had a great week. I am glad to hear everyone is doing good. I know I tell you this all the time, but I love hearing what is happening in the Family. Just knowing everyone is safe and happy makes me happy. I know things probably don't go perfect but it sounds like everyone is great. I love you all! I know I have said this before as well, but I am sorry for some of the things that I did, and how and treated everyone. I have really learned so much. I have realized how important my family is to me and I may not show it all the time but I love you guys and I am so grateful for all of you in my life. Each one of you have helped and continue to help me. Thank you so much. Your testimonies to Sue are amazing. It is helping her so much. We honestly have struggled figuring out what we can do to help and it seems that you being friends with her on facebook has been the key to her progression. Sue is an amazing lady. We have seen so much progress with her.

For a long while Sue was just kind of going steady, she was searching but was holding back a bit. We have taught her almost everything. She has been to church and she loves it. She loves reading the Book of Mormon and she has always prayed in her life. We came to a brick wall with her and didn't know what else to do. But then we went over and she shared with us what Dad wrote to her. She then told us that some of her questions were answered and then she opened up to us a bit more and told us that she doesn't understand it all yet. Specifically about the Book of Mormon and where it came from. She said that she loves it but just doesn't have a testimony of it yet. That is what is holding her back from being baptized. She still has a date for the 30th of April but still has a lot to get over. We basically have just been teaching her about the Book of Mormon and something came to mind just barely of what we can do for her next. Oh my goodness it is just so simple and something that we have slacked on with her. We need to read the Book of Mormon with her and help her understand the stories. As she sees it come alive she will see and feel the blessings and the truthfulness of the gospel that come from the Book of Mormon and the restored church. Thanks for helping out. You are all doing great things.

We are also working with Eloise, Susanna, and Becca. So Eloise is the American and the other two are her house mates. We went by to teach Eloise and her mates were there. So we basically answered questions and then they were asking questions about the Plan of Salvation so we told them that their questions would be answered with this cool message we share called the Plan of Happiness. And they were like "what...a plan of Happiness? Tell us what this is" Haha so we taught them the Plan of Happiness and they loved it. They said that it made sense. We then were able to schedule them for the 14th of May. We are hoping we can get them there. They are all very open and very willing to find out more. They are coming to FHE with us tonight. They are very cool. They laugh a lot which is a problem sometimes, because it pulls us off topic so we need to try and keep it on topic. Haha. But they really do want to find out. I love the gospel and teaching it, because the way to find out is just to read and pray. It is so simple. It really is the way to find out the truth.

James and David are doing good. We weren't able to teach them because James got in a car accident. He is doing okay. But we are hopefully seeing them this week. They are great.

So many blessings have been coming our way. I have been a bit blind and haven't really recognized them until later. But looking back I see all the blessings which have come. I also realized that I have still so much to improve on. I am trying to be better and become more of what Heavenly Father wants me to be. I have realized that I am very impatient. So any advice to help me be patient would be great. I love the Gospel though, it allows me to recognize that I am not the greatest but then it also allows me to be able to become better. So hopefully I will be able to be better. Haha. It may take time...a lot of time. But maybe one day I will be able to look back and see how far I have come. I love you guys and hope you are all well.

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES.

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

These are the before and after pics of me eating sues cupcakes. THEY WERE SO GOOD!!! THANKS SUE.

He is still the same goofy boy of mine that is for sure!  Love him!! :)

Oh my!!!  He definitely didn't learn this from me!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment