Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Miracles do happen! Monday, October 20, 2014

Hello my friends, 

Well let me tell ya...this week has been very long and slow. We started out Tuesday and Wednesday with meetings that took up almost the whole day. So as you can imagine we didn't get much done in proselyting. The rest of the week we got flogged quite a bit. But all is well, it happens. Thursday, we tried every single person that we have taught, are teaching, and could potentially teach. Nobody was in, or they said they were busy. We decided to go back to the flat and have tea (dinner). Well it was about 8 o clock and we didn't have time to go anywhere but around where we lived. So we decided to stop by a potentials house. We got out the map and went out in the dark, cold, and rain. We got lost and had no idea where this guy lived. We were in a little neighborhood. We stood there for a bit and Elder Fergurson turned to me and said "We are here for a reason" I then looked at him and said what? He again said "We are here for a reason, pick a door Elder Rife" I was thinking pick a door...there are so many doors and I don't know which one to pick. Well I stood there scanning these houses. My eyes past a house with a blue door but I kept going, I then looked back at the door and I had a feeling that we needed to knock that door. Now remember it was 8 o'clock at night...pouring rain...dark....and NO ONE wanted people coming around, especially people with a message about Jesus Christ. We knocked the door and a lady answered. Before we could say anything she said I know you guys. Elder Fergurson and I looked at each other surprised and we said back to her, "you have". This lady and her family had friends that were Mormons and they said we have been to church with them multiple times. We then inquired more about the knowledge they had. She said her daughter really wants to be a Mormon. And she said that if she were to be any religion it was Mormon, but she just can't stop drinking. We told her that we could help her. We haven't been able to get in touch with them since Thursday but we are very hopeful that everything will work out. Miracles happen everyday. And let me tell you...this was a miracle (mostly because we got out of the rain) ;) just kidding...but really! 

Another miracle happened. We are teaching this Hungarian named Yonash. He doesn't speak very good English. We went by his house and decided to invite and schedule him for baptism. We didn't know how we would do it but that was what we were going to do. We started teaching him. We turned to 2 Nephi 31 with him, it talks a lot about baptism. I started teaching him and discussing with him the ordinance and Elder Fergurson said he was praying that Yonash would understand. In the end we did schedule him and he said he understood everything and told us he would quit smoking and start coming to church. We left and both of us had a really good feeling that he understood everything. Miracles happen my friends...miracles happen. 

Although we didn't have much going on, we did have a few things that boosted our confidence and we are very hopeful that all will work out with this family and with Yonash. It is so crazy how the Lord works. As we are strictly obedient to everything we are asked to do, Heavenly Father blesses us with so many things that we can hardly comprehend. We just have to trust in the Lord. This months Ensign President Henry B. Eyring talks about Praying in Faith. In it he states that we must be in line with the Fathers will. It is so true. We need to stay in tune with Him and His will, with faith we pray for guidance and direction. With Faith we trust that He will provide a way for us, even if we don't understand it and even if it is not what we want. Trust in Him. Have faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement. As we do this, as we strive towards it and put 100% faith and trust in Him, when the time comes and Jesus Christ returns, "He will have no problem recognizing us" He will accept us with open arms and say you did well. 

Trust in Him. God be with you. On our way. #10sof1000s. We all wear the Name of Christ on our hearts. I hope all is well in Provo, Utah. And hey...always remember I like letters! Just saying! ;) I apologize I don't have any pictures this week. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife


Dear Mom, Dad, and Family, 

Thank you for answering those questions. That is really interesting! I will have more questions coming! :) That is so awesome that you got the job dad...but too bad you probably won't be coming over to England. It is also good, because when I get back...I can go on business trips with you! ;) We can visit England....of course it would be strictly business...no play whatsoever. It is so amazing how the spirit works. I'm still working really hard to know how I myself feel the spirit, but I have been able to recognize it more often. How is everyone? It sounds like you are all doing really well. How is  Provo High football doing? That is too bad that BYU isn't doing so hot. Hopefully things will pick up, and maybe BYU basketball will do better. I have heard of Meet the Mormons and everything that I have heard has all been good. President Pilkington actually said we will most likely be able to watch it...so i'm pretty excited! How did Jacobs talk go? How are Matt and Austin...and all my friends? do you see them often? Everything is going so good here. I really do love it. I'm trying so hard to learn as much as I can. I know I can't be a perfect missionary but I want to try my hardest. :) Well send me letters!!!! By the way I forwarded a message about Christmas stuff...I didn't really read it...haha! Hopefully we will be able to skype...I know that's a long time away..but it will come quick for me. People are already setting up  Christmas stuff here! I love you all and hope all is well at the Rife residence! God be with you. On our way. #10sof1000s. We wear the name of Christ. 

Love, Ty-dye. 

P.S. I took out £80 for sweaters and emergencies. I didn't buy sweaters last time...even though I said I did.


Well....Since Tyler didn't send any pictures...
I'm going to add a few of my own!  :)

This past weekend our family had the opportunity to attend a missionary farewell for one of Tyler's good friends.  Jacob Lesa was taken to the airport by his family this morning (10/23/14) to report to the Mexico MTC and he will be serving in the California Long Beach Mission.

Sunday we were able to visit with several of Tyler's friends which was so much fun and of course I had to get a few pictures! :)
Tyler had many fun times with these kids over the years and as a parent I'm so thankful for this wonderful group of future missionaries! 

The girls were looking at Zac Jarman's and Tyler's missionary pictures in the display case so I asked if I could take a pic! 

Kelly and a few others missed out on getting in on the first pic so we had to get another!!!  :)

Austin Buckner, Jacob Lesa and Matthew Boyle
(Matt has his call and will be leaving to serve in Mexico on January 7, 2015)


No comments:

Post a Comment