Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Slowly but Surely - October 13, 2014

Ya alright,

ANOTHER ONE DUNKED!!! :) Janine Taylor was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints this week. Like I have said multiple times...she really and truly has been prepared for this moment in her life. Although she knew it was right, there were a few times that she almost gave up. Satan was trying so hard to make her fail, he knew that she was doing something good and he wanted her to fail and to be miserable. She told us 3 days before her baptism that she woke up and everything was going wrong and she was confused about if she was making the right decision. She said almost all morning she was contemplating giving up and changing her mind. She then said I remembered something you told me...."how satan will try all he can to drag me down because I'm doing something right, how it will be hard, and I may want to give up, but all I have to do is keep pushing forward. I remembered Jesus Christ and what he has done. I feel so much better right now." She started crying and the spirit was so strong with her bearing her testimony. Janine is such a good lady. She really knows that Christ's Gospel is true and that it has been restored to the earth. She is already doing missionary work with her son.....outstanding right! She was given to us on a silver platter!!



Well Janine's baptism took up a lot of time during the week. We have seen quite a few members. We saw two old guys by the names of David and Roger. They are brothers and converts in the Church. Their conversion story is pretty cool. So David and Roger are twins.  When they were babies their mom didn't want David for some reason so they took him to a mental institution or something. When Roger was older he found out and he spent all of his time and all of his effort looking for David. They found each other and became Jehovah Witnesses. They were very high in authority in the church, very successful as well. But they were told something by one of the main guys in the church that they did not agree with at all so they left everything...family, friends, lifestyles everything. And they went to search for the true church...well of course we know what happens next. They are funny guys. They have never left each others sight either! They are crazy! haha



I have been very lucky for the first part of the mission. Now things are starting to slow down...we are having to find a lot. I'm not that good at it but I can see that is coming...slowly but surely...it is coming. I decided I'm going to by some tennis balls or something to juggle for a contacting approach!! :) so If you have any other Ideas I am more than happy and very open to hearing them and trying them out! Please pray for Sol...he needs something to happen for him to gain a desire to quit smoking. Elder Fergurson and I are very hopeful with weeks to come. We are working hard and putting in every effort we have. I'm very excited for weeks to come! This will be great!

Our flat is actually very small....it really looks big, but is very small! My companion and I are getting along great! We both are doing well and he is awesome. Thank you for sending birthday cards to him...I think it will make his day. I see the assistants quite often because they are near my area...I haven't gone on exchange with them but they always come to our district meetings! They are so cool and so loving! Truly amazing missionaries and such good examples! I don't see President Pilkington very often...he is always traveling but I have seen him probably 3 times. My area is pretty big. We cover places called Beeston, Morley, Middleton, Belle Isle, Hunslet, and Holbeck, It takes about 1 1/2 hours to get from Morley to Hunslet by bus.  But we try and spend the day in a certain are so we can get the most out of it. I was sick but I'm all better now. I have a coat and everything! I'm doing very well. It has been an eye opener though, having to do things on my own and not having the help from mom or the family. I'm learning and growing so much everyday. It has been such a good experience.

3 Nephi 13:33 "But seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." We don't need to worry about what will happen in life and how we will do it. We don't need to worry about the world. As we follow Jesus Christ, as we seek to be righteous and seek the Kingdom of God, blessings will come. Like Elder Holland said...they may not be now, or in a year, or until the next life, but they will come. As we seek wholesome things and follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ...strive to be like him, we will be blessed with an abundance of blessings and miracles in our lives.

God be with you. On our Way. #10'sof1000's. Hope all is well, be safe and take care. We all wear the name of Christ on our hearts.

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

Dear Mom and Dad,

This won't be long but I want to thank you for the pictures and for everything you do for me! I always look forward to hearing from you all. It sounds like an eventful week! Don't worry I wasn't too sick and I'm taking care of myself! I won't send the pants home! I will give them to the mission office or something! I love you all and hope you are all doing well and being safe. :)

Love, Tyler


No comments:

Post a Comment