Tuesday, December 30, 2014

White Boxing Day...Crazy - Monday, December 29, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

Well this will be short but soooo many things happened this week that were amazing, truly miracles! First things first, Talking to the family on Christmas...I have to say is the best Christmas present one could ask for! 

I went on exchange with Elder Larson. He kind of looks like a younger Eminem, and he is from California! But he is really cool. Well the few days I was with him we saw so many miracles! We taught Lena. She said she got an answer to her prayers and wants to be baptized she knows that with Gods help she can quit smoking and she has the desire to quit. It was one of the best lessons we have had with her. We then went to Grahams. We had a really good lesson with him about prayers being answered and the Atonement and much much more...it was kind of all over the place. But in the end we scheduled him for January 24th. It is a month away but he is working of quitting smoking. I know that he can. We then went street contacting because an appointment fell through. We were talking to everybody and we got 3 potentials out of all of it! they all told us that they were looking for something more and wanted us to come by. With all 3 we got return appointments! SO MANY MIRACLES THAT DAY!

Christmas then came around and obviously I got to talk to the family which was amazing. That day I prayed for a White Christmas! Well it was the hottest day ever! But from what I hear it snowed in Provo so I am counting that! We then got a text from Caroline one of our investigators who has been trying to quit drinking but hasn't been able to. Well we randomly got this text, she said she was 6 days sober and staying strong! What the heck!! She is doing this on her own and told us that she is taking baby steps! Flippin' amazing. 

Time for Boxing day...probably the biggest shopping day in England. Well for some reason the earth has its days mixed up because it snowed that day and it was beautiful. So I am also counting that as a white Christmas even though it was a day late. :) Well many more things have been happening and I love it. I love the mission. Being able to know I am helping hasten the Lords work and building his kingdom is awesome! 

Miracles happen all the time! Ether 12:12, But they only happen when we have faith, when we trust in Heavenly Father and then when we do something about it. Enos 1:12. We miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Miracles happen everyday, we just have to open our eyes, they are right in front of us. Take a leap of faith and trust in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He is the way. I love you all and hope you had a Merry Christmas! Remember to always pray and read your scriptures!! :) 

God be with you. on our way. #10sof1000s. We represent Jesus Christ. I love you all! :)

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

Pictures: 
Obviously of the snow
Christmas Eve with the Atkinsons-They asked us about our Christmas Traditions back home and then did them all for us. 
Christmas Dinner with Sol and his family.

Dear Family, 

Well it was really good to see you guys! I loved talking to you and seeing all your faces. I will say though it was weird talking over skype...I felt like I couldn't really talk to you but no matter. I still enjoyed every second of it and to ease your worries, everyone was in the room next to me! I wasn't breaking any rules! Oh Dang...is Kylee and Dad doing better? Just a reminder, if you could put some more money in my account that would be great. I had to take  £80 out for a new bus pass, I will get reimbursed but I won't however be able to put it back in my account. Thank you Kate and Nick for the wonderful email...don't worry you don't have to write me, but it is good to hear from you and I am glad  you are all doing so well! KINLEY HAS HER EARS PIERCED?!?!?! What she is too young! Mila already is so big! It is going to be so weird seeing them  in 2 years. Well I am glad to hear you are all doing well other than a little bit of sickness. DAD DON'T MESS UP YOUR BACK!!! yes that is me cranking you!! :) I love you all and am so grateful to always hear from you and am grateful for your love and support! If you need anything please let me know! I love you and miss you. 

God be with you until we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. We are representatives of Jesus Christ and as such we wear his name on our hearts. 

Love, Ty-dye

p.s. you should tell matt and austin to email me! 


December 26th
"It snowed that day and it was beautiful!"

Christmas Eve with the Atkinson's 

Christmas Dinner with Sol and his family


No comments:

Post a Comment