Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tender Mercies!! Monday, January 5, 2015

Hello Family! :) 

Another good week for me and it sounds like another good week for you! School starts already??? What the heck, time is flying by! Everyday it is faster and faster...I think someone is messing with my watch! The reason why there was no money in my account was because I had to spend it on a bus pass, but I got that reimbursed and it is now in an envelope safely for another time, but I thought I would still ask you to put some money in just to keep if from going in the red! Thank you for that. I know I need to do better with money, I will work on that. I did check with the mission office, they don't have Sister Rawcliffes package but let her know that it safely got to the place that it needed to be! :) Tell her thank you so much for sending it and to count it as a blessing because around this Christmas Holiday you get so many people that go with out, so Heavenly Father blessed a small family who wouldn't have a Christmas, but now because of her they had a Christmas and because it is Peanut butter and Honey it was the best Christmas one could ask for! :) What is Tanner doing for his eagle project? I will definitely say hello to Sister Walters friends if I get to that area! Kurien is here? Do you know exactly where? I don't know if I would recognize him if he came up to me. Tell him to go to the Leeds 5 branch in Morley, The post code is LS27 0EX. :) maybe something will come of it! Well I am glad you are all doing well! I love you all! Sorry I don't have any pictures this week! Say happy and smiling! 

God be with you until we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. We are representatives of Jesus Christ, wear his name on our hearts! 

Love, Ty-dye

P.S. do me a favor? Help austin! He misses Matt and I a lot! Be his friend! :) Thank you
P.S.S. How did you like the Christmas Truce video? and I did tell you about it....I think!


Hello everyone a hope skip and a boat ride away! :) 

How are you all? I hope doing well and I hope you are all starting fresh as this new year is upon us! This week has been a week full of Tender Mercies from the Lord! Loads of miracles happened and I definitely saw the Lords hand in the work that we did. One thing stood out to me this week. We met a guy by the name of Allan. He is really spiritual and is very open to know more about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He wants to turn his life around and has been relying on Jesus Christ so much. We invited him to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. We then invited him to be baptized. He has already been baptized so he doesn't understand why he has to be baptized again. We have gone over Priesthood authority and I know that as he keeps doing what he is doing he will feel the spirit and it will bear testimony to him that all these things are true and he will gain a desire to be baptized. He was reading the Book of Mormon, he likes and agrees with a lot of what it says. The other day we invited him to church and he said he has a licensing issue because he has been to prison so he didn't know if he could come. Well late that night we got a phone call and he told us that he felt something different that night and he got permission to come to church. That was definitely an answer to prayers as well as a tender mercy from the Lord. I know that as he keeps feeling the spirit he will be baptized soon and he will come closer Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, he will be able to partake of the blessings that our Father in Heaven has for him.
Another miracle! Sarah- I think I told you about her last week. We met her going home one night and we just started talking to her. She knows a member of the Church in our branch (which is awesome) We invited her to read the Book of Mormon and Pray about it! She wants to know more and has invited us over tonight to come teach her again. She is very nice! I know that this was a small miracle but a miracle all the same. Heavenly Father places people in front of us who are ready and willing to accept the message of the restored gospel. He does this because he loves us. 

The next miracle was something that helped me. Who knew that we are blessed ourselves as we go out and do the Lords work. Well I was feeling a bit down, feeling like I wasn't doing good enough (now I look back and know it was Satan) But I was reading in the Book of Mormon and this scripture really touched me. I was reading 2 Nephi 9:18 this is what it says: "...the righteous, the saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have believed in the Holy One of Israel, they who have endured the crosses of the world, and despised the shame of it, they shall inherit the kingdom of God, which was prepared for them from the foundation of the world, and their joy shall be full forever." My problem right now is that I am taking everything that is going bad and blaming it on myself. Obviously there will be trials in life but it says if we "endure the crosses of the world" then we will have joy in His kingdom. Enduring to the End is part of the test. All that matters is if we are trying and if we are relying on Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. When we feel down, we have got to get up off the ground, brush ourselves off and keep going. Yes we make mistakes and yes we will continue to make mistakes but no one is perfect. Use the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He is the way and there is no other way. Go forward with faith and a smile. He loves us dearly. 

Well I hope everyone is doing well, I sure am! God be with you. On our way. #10sof1000s. We all represent Jesus Christ. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

No comments:

Post a Comment