Tuesday, January 13, 2015

and...i'm...off

Hi ya Mum, Dad, and family

Well it is Tuesday and you know what that means...Transfers! Well I am being transferred to Bridlington. It is on the coast not too far from Scarborough. I am serving with an Elder Stringfellow. I don't know much about him but I hear he is a good missionary. For letters, now you can send them to my new flat. I don't have the information but I will give it to you next week! It is so sad to hear that Nana Passed away but I know that it was what she needed. Grandma was definitely there! I love that we  have the knowledge of being together forever and knowing that we will see our loved ones again. Without it, what would be the point of being here on earth. Why would we be placed on earth and create such relationships and then when we die have it be erased? It won't be... that is the beauty of it! I know that no matter what happens in life we will always be together and I will see you all again. We will see Grandma Vedana and Nana again. This is not the end...it is just graduation to something greater and way more enjoyable. Now we have another angel looking after us and protecting us! Lets make them proud of what we are doing here on earth! It sounds like it was a very good week all the same. Sometimes I think these weeks are the best...the ones that most people would think are hard. But in a way it brings us closer together as a family and closer to our Father in Heaven! I'm so happy for Kendra! That will be such a good job for her. Kendra you have the biggest heart and I know you will go far in life with it! You have always been such a good example to me, I hope that I will one day come close to have the heart you have! Continue doing good things! I'm glad to hear the family is doing so good! Although it is very busy and sometimes stressful we need to take life one day at a time and look at all the good happening and the blessings...we are definitely doing that! The small things are what will keep us afloat. Going back to the simple foundation of which our testimonies are built, upon Jesus Christ, faith, repentance, prayer, all the primary answers are what we build upon and that is what we need to remember! I love you guys all and miss you very much but I know this is where I need to be and this is where I want to be. More adventures are ahead of me as I go into a new area and so much learning and growing is happening! I love you!

God be with you until we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. Remember we are representatives of Jesus Christ and we all wear his name on our hearts. 

Love, Ty-dye 

Ya alright everyone, 

It is transfers and...he's...OFF...to Bridlington. It is on the coast and not too far from Scarborough. I hear it is very cold there right now!!! AHHHHH I don't like the cold!!!!! I am very excited to start something new. I'm gutted because so much was happening and I don't want to leave it all, but I know the Lord needs me to serve the people of Bridlington and that is where I will be going. "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded for I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto his children lest he provide a way for them to accomplish the things which he has commanded." For all of you who would like to write me letters...which I know every single one of you are dying to do so, please send them to my new address. I don't have it yet...but I will email it next week! This week there has been so many crazy things...all good...but very very crazy.

This Sunday was perhaps the craziest Sunday I have ever had. We had 3 people confirmed to come to church, all very solid investigators. An hour before Sacrament started they all cancelled on us due to sickness and being called into work!! Well these things happen. Then a half hour before sacrament, President Pilkington called and said he was coming to join us. ARE YOU FLIPPIN' KIDDING ME!!!! The day we had no investigators President decides to come! Well 10 minutes into sacrament we watch mark walk into church, a less active for the first time has shown a desire to sort out his life. He wanted to come to church and did! Well right behind him was his very drunk flat mate, who is an awesome guy as well. We were sitting there with them praying for everything to go okay. Then 2 guys walked in who we have never met before. We talked to them after and they said we saw the church and wanted to come. We have been looking for something more and thought to check it out. We scheduled a time to go back and teach them. That Sunday turned out to be the best Sunday ever. It is so interesting how the Lord works. He knew who had to be to church and through whatever means got them there. Heavenly Father definitely prepares people before hand. 

We visited Mark (the less active) as well as his mate Paul (the drunk guy) We had a very good talk with them and they said that they felt something different on Sunday and it is time for them to sort out their lives. Paul talked to us about how he wants to be like an addiction counselor. He says he knows how to help people because he has been in the same situation. He asked us if he can do the 12 step addiction recovery program, and Mark is going to do it with him. They are lads. I will include a picture. Paul is the shorter guy with gray hair and Mark is the other. I believe that they will get where they want to be, they will become strong members of the church and will do so much good in the world and it is because they have a desire to change. They want to help and are willing to give anything to reach that goal. Good things are happening. 

We were doing lost sheep files, which are members that the church doesn't know if they live there or not. We went to this assisted living home looking for a lady. Well we knocked the door that it gave us and it was not the same lady. The Lady we met is called Dorthy. She looked at us and said you are Mormons...we said yes, she then said I am too!!! Random!!!! She then told us her whole conversion story of her and her husband joining the church. She told us stories and experiences. It was a lovely visit. She is not well enough to make it to church but having that contact with her is good.  As well as I think we made her day because she said she is always lonely. We went looking for one lost sheep and found another! Again it is interesting how Heavenly Father works. 

Well so many blessings and miracles are happening. It is amazing. But this whole week and all the things that have happened have made me think of this and I know that I have said this before but here I go again. Many times we think we know what is best. Because of this we don't recognize the small things that are happening as well as the big things. We then blame Heavenly Father for this, I being one of the most guilty of this! So many times I have not noticed His hand in my life, but it truly is there and always has been there. Trust in the Lord, he knows the way, he is the light and the life. Follow him and by being obedient and trying to do all we can to follow him we will be blessed. We will climb further and further up the ladder to perfection. Yes hard things will come our way but when we are trusting in God, putting all our faith in him, all things are possible. Luke 1:37. I love you all and pray for you constantly. I KNOW this church is true and that Heavenly Father loves us so much. 

God be with you all. On our way. #10sof1000s. Become disciples of Christ. Represent him. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

Two guys that came to church!
(Paul and Mark)

No comments:

Post a Comment