Monday, January 26, 2015

WARNING, DON'T RELY ON YOURSELF!

Hi Mum, Dad, and family!
 
How can you call it a Klondike if there is no snow!!!!!?? Man these young lads have it easy, back in my day when I was a wee lad I was trudging through the harsh elements that mother nature was throwing at me. It was survival of the fittest. The ones who survived were considered legends! :) I'm glad you had fun at the Klondike though. You know I had a love hate relationship with the Klondike......but I love camping so it balances out! Woah...Kylee isn't old enough to be doing science projects! Good job Kylee for being better than all your wonderful, attractive, and flippin' awesome brothers and sisters and getting your project done a week before! :) Let me know how you do. It sounds smart...Newtons law! You are going to be the next Newton! TANNER YOU PRed! Congrats! You are going to be so good at swimming if you keep working at it! Don't do what I did...that is get yourself down. I could have been so much better but I was always saying I wasn't good. "He who says he can and he who says he can't are both usually right". Keep working hard and you will become so good...not quite as good as me though! ;) I am glad to hear everyone is doing awesome! YOU SHOULD ALL SEND ME LETTERS!! :) Well I love you all. If there is anything that I can do to help you out let me know!
 
God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. We are disciples of Jesus Christ and as such we all wear his name on our hearts and represent him well.
 
Love, Ty-dye
 
P.S. it is interesting that Sister Durrant talked about the Lords will because that is definitely something that I learned this week and hearing that helped me so much.
 
 
Hello people of the United States of America and of the world,
 
In a flat far far away there lived a young man! Alright I can't think of another cool sentence to go with that! I will just keep it simple! Well this week has been so good. It is crazy how when you look at things with a different perspective they change completely! That is what I learned this week through many many experiences.

Last week I was kind of bummed because everything was slow and there wasn't much going on. I was thinking "why is this happening" I was working hard and trying. I was complaining too much. I then decided to kneel down and ask for help. Well as you can probably guess....I got it. Stupid me for trying to rely on myself and not the Lord. Always give gratitude to Heavenly Father always ask for his help and do his will...not your own.
 
So many thing happened after I asked for help. First off, we have been doing a lot of street contacting. We have been getting some potential people but nobody that has been really solid. Elder Stringfellow and I decided to pray and ask that we find someone who will accept the message we have to share. We were walking along the promanade and not many people were listening to us and then we saw a man probably in his 30's who was on his petal bike looking out to the ocean. We decided to talk to him. We got his contact information and then started talking loads about the gospel, specifically about faith and Heavenly Father and his beautiful creations. Mark then told us to come by and he set up his own return appointment. All the credit definitely goes to Heavenly Father. That was such a miracle this week that has helped me so much.
 
So many other things have happened that have helped me and strenghened me. I have many times been able to bear my testimony and hopefully I have left an impression on many people. Even if they do not accept the gospel now or in a few years from now, I know that I have left an impression. I have seen the Lord work through me. When we talk about being instruments in His hands it is completely true. We are instruments in the Lords hands. He has a plan, he knows what needs to happen and when, for everything there is a specific time and place. We need to stop doing our own will and start doing the Lords will. When we do this we will be 100 times happier and we will be doing his work. Well until next time. I Love you all and hope to hear from some of you soon.
 
God be with you. On our way. #10sof1000s. We are disciples of Jesus Christ and all wear his name on our hearts.
 
Love, Elder Tyler Rife

DARN IT!!!!  He didn't send any pictures this week!  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment