Monday, January 19, 2015

Are you going to Scarborough fair?

Hi Mum, Dad, and Family
I am in Brid...and it is very cold!!!!!!! But I am surviving! :) I live at 68 Trinity Road, Bridlington, England, YO15 2HF. I hope you write me often! :) You can post this on facebook and tell my friends to write me here as well! I won't get any post sent to the mission office for 6 flippin' weeks! Everyone forgets about Brid...just kidding it is just so far away. The closest city is Scarborough. My companion is Elder Stringfellow. He is from Farmington Utah and has been out 18 months. He is a really good guy. I am in a four man flat. Way more fun than a two man flat. Elder Manwaring and Elder Ficher live with us! They are awesome as well. I really like it here. I am definitely going to get a lot better at knocking and street contacting because we have no investigators...but that is alright it will change very soon. It sounds like everything is going awesome in Blessed Utah. You guys are staying busy as usual and always having fun!! Which is so good. Part of this earth life I think is to have fun, it is part of the test! :) Is there anything I can do for you guys? If so please let me know! 
God be with you until we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. Remember we all wear the name of Jesus Christ on our hearts. Lets do some good.
Love, Ty-dye


Hi ya everyone,
I'm in Bridlington! It is far from Scarborough...so no I am not going to Scarborough fair!!!! It is a small fishing town, in the summer there is a lot of tourists but it seriously is so tiny! It is really beautiful though and very cold! I now live at 68 Trinity Road, Bridlington, England YO15 2HF. Write me at this address because if you don't I won't get post for 6 weeks!! Lets see I am in a four man flat...how to explain it...hmmmm....well you know the best two years....yeah I will let you decide! haha it is a lot of fun!

Alright so Brid is completely different than Leeds. In Leeds I was teaching quite a few people and doing very little finding! Well Brid is completely different! We are constantly finding and doing very little teaching. That will all change very soon because I know that if we work and rely on Heavenly Father and are obedient he will bless us with success. Enos 1:12.
The Branch is really funny...a variety of people and all work hard to make the branch strong. I still am trying to get to know the area and the people. Sorry this isn't very long but yeah.....
Let me tell ya...PRAYER IS REAL!! Heavenly Father answers prayers! I know this. When in Leeds I was having a hard time talking to people on the street. I was praying for help and courage so I could do it. I was praying for opportunities to talk to people who would accept the message we have to share with them....1 week later I got sent to Bridlington! So be careful what you pray for. Just kidding, but in all seriousness, I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers, he helps  us so much and guides us. Sometimes we think we are alone because our eyes are closed we are looking for something greater when really the answers and blessings are in front of our face we just have to look there!! By small and simple things, great and marvelous things are brought to pass! I know I always say the same things every week but I want you all to know how much I know this church is true. I feel so filled right now, I have purpose and that is what Heavenly Father gives us, it is always right under our nose, we just have to accept it. Stop messing around, stop being lazy, get up and do some good. The Atonement is real!! I have used it so many times in my life and I have been changed by it. I love my Savior I love you all. This church is so true, I can't express in words how I feel right now. I feel an abundance of joy. Let us come together and do some good in the world. I love you all and I promise next week I will let you know of my adventures and miracles. Take care and always rely on Heavenly Father. He is there!
God be with you. On our way. #10sof1000s. Remember we are representatives of Jesus Christ. Lets do some good.
Love, Elder Tyler Rife


Bridlington, England

Elder Stingfellow and Elder Rife

Everyone in Tyler's flat

Bridlington, England






No comments:

Post a Comment