Monday, February 9, 2015

It's looking like spring!

Hi ya family,
 
This will be quick because I don't have much time. Your e-mails are never boring! I love getting them and I love getting letters! :) So thank you! Is everyone feeling better, Tanner, Kylee's mouth, and anyone else that was sick? I am glad to hear that you are all dieting and getting healthy and strong! I think I put on a few pounds...but I also think that it is because I am growing and because I have been sticking to a really strict morning exercise and trying to eat healthier...so we will see! Congrats to Kylee on her science project...goes to show hard work really does pay off! Well I am definitely going to talk to that guy for University when the time comes because I want to figure these things out as soon as possible. In the mean time I made it a goal to forget everything like Uni and a career and the future and just loose myself in the work. Thinking about all these things has I think held me back a little bit from giving the work and the Lord my all. But I have made some goals and am starting fresh again. I like being in a foursome...yeah sometimes it can get distracting but it is fun and we all help each other to be obedient. It is good. Pros and cons about it all. Well I hope you are all doing really good! I hope you guys are staying strong in the gospel and that your testimonies have been growing as much as mine. I love you all.
 
God be with you until we meet again. We are on our way. #10sof1000s. We are disciples of Christ, keep him in our heart always.
 
Love, Elder Tyler Rife (ty-dye)

Hi Everyone!!!
 
How are you all? I hope doing well. I hear the weather there is just fantastic!! The weather here is really warm now as well and the sun is shining which is not normal for England but I am loving it! So many things have happened in the week it has truly been a blessing and we have had so many miracles!
 
We are meeting with a family called the Seckars, and they are very religious but they are comfortable with what they have. We have been praying to figure out how we can best teach them and bring them closer to Jesus Christ. So we went over and had such a good discussion with them. They were asking us loads of questions and we were able to bear strong testimony of enduring to the end, becoming happy and reaching one's potential. We were also able to bear testimony of why we are out here, why we sacrificed all we had to come to a foreign place and try to teach people why we are happy. The spirit was so strong and hopefully it pricked their hearts and they will gain a testimony of the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

Well Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. We were still trying to figure out how to best help the Seckars and the Spirit definitely lead us in the right direction. We got into a discussion with the Seckars within 10 minutes. Dave (the father) started asking us questions out of the bible. He asked us our thoughts. We answered, and I know the spirit worked through us. Words were placed in our mouths, and we were able to bear testimony of truth. Dave agreed with what we said, which was the first time he ever has. I think that it got him more interested in the church and his heart was definitely opened. HE then started talking about how there are so many different translations of bible messages and how he is looking for a sturdy structure. Well we explained it to him this way: When given one dot you can draw an infinite amount of lines through it. But when given two dots you can only draw one line through both; giving doctrine 2 witnesses and testimonies, which are comparable to each other, and which are about Jesus Christ. We then explained to him the Book of Mormon. You could really feel the spirit. We are going to teach them the full restoration next time we see them and the spirit will bear witness to them as we bear our testimonies of what we know that it is true.

We also have 2 other investigators called Heidi and Zoe, they are friends and are really kind. both have children and are unmarried. Well they told us they have an open mind and if they feel that what we teach is true they will get baptized. Elder Stringfellow and I decided to teach them the Restoration of Jesus Christ. We were able to start with a prayer which immediately invited the spirit. We got to Christ's ministry and we felt like we should show them the Mormon message "Because of Him", Zoe was in tears. She said that it touched her heart. She described to us that something is telling her that it is true and we told her it was the spirit. We then started talking about Joseph Smith. Everything went silent. The whole time the spirit was so strong and we were just bearing testimony of what the spirit was teaching them. The spirit was piercing their hearts and telling them, especially Zoe that the Church of Jesus Christ was restored to the earth, Jospeh Smith is a prophet and he translated the Book of Mormon. That we have a living prophet today and his name is Thomas S. Monson and he leads the Church and receives direct revelation from God for us in this day. It was such a wonderful lesson. I can't wait to teach them again, and I know that the spirit will direct them down the path to baptism.

We had such a good week and so many miracles are happening. I know Heavenly Father was using us as tools in His hands to bear testimony of truth and hasten his work. This is an amazing blessing we have to be in the Latter-days, to be able to preach the gospel to all nations, kindred, and tongues. Hopefully we can all take the opportunity that is right in front of us and be disciples of Jesus Christ. This Church is true, I know it and I love it.
 
God be with you. On our way. #10sof1000s. Be a disciple of Christ in all that you do. Lets do some good.
 
Love, Elder Tyler Rife

A War Memorial 

Bridlington in February

a license plate..."the church is true" well DUH! :)

Love this last picture and the caption Tyler gave it....It is so my son !!!  :) 
He is loving life as a missionary but is still Tyler!!! 
He makes me SMILE!

No comments:

Post a Comment