Monday, February 2, 2015

Miracles in Little old Brid

Hi ya family,
 
Again your week sounds busy but especially this past week. I'm glad to hear that Mom's lessons went well. I would love for you guys to send the Plan of Salvation things to me. I have been trying to draw stuff on my own and well....I will leave it at that. But I think if there is a visual aid it helps so much. At least that is how it is for me, I am a visual learner. Congrats to Tanner for taking 1st and 3rd! That is so good. What were the times? Are you feeling better? I love to hear about Tyler Haws and BYU basketball. Something that helps me  to know that we are blessed. Tyler Haws gave up his career in Basketball to go on a mission,He left thinking he probably won't be as good when he gets back and now look at him,He is doing amazing and very close to being the top scorer in BYU history! It helps me because I will admit I have worried about things that I really shouldn't be worrying about right now, but those things are, what am I going to do when I get home? I won't have a job, I have not been accepted to school and things like that. It has worried me but seeing Tyler Haws tells me that Heavenly Father will bless me. I am in the service of my God and he will provide a way for me to be successful. I have been thinking about all this recently and honestly it has been getting me down, so I made a few goals the other day and that was to first do as President Hinkley did "Forget myself and go to work" Loose myself in the work. Give it my all. Work as hard as I can and when I am tired...work even harder! The past couple of days I have been so much happier and have had a positive attitude in everything that I do. But I think the best thing is that I have felt the spirit so abundently in the work. I have definitely recognized it. I hope Kylee gets a good grade on her science project. Maybe she should put it in the science fair and win!! :) She has put so much effort into it! Good job Kylee. Austin sent me the pictures he is looking good! Have you heard from Matt? If not, He is doing really good. He says he is learning a lot and is loving the MTC! I hope you all are doing really good and if there is anything I can help you with please let me know! I love you. Let me know the comings and goings of the family! Tell Kynsie and Kendra and everyone to write me if they have time, if not don't worry about it.
 
God be with you until we meet again. We are on our way. #10sof1000s. Lets go do good work!
 
Love, Elder Tyler Rife (ty-dye)


Hi ya mate,
 
Well there have been many miracles this week! Lots of good work is happening and I am learning and growing every second. This unfortunately will be a bit short! But bear with me!
 
We stopped by multiple potential investigators but unfortunately we weren't let in. But that doesn't stop us from trying and stopping by in the future. We had an amazing member present a lesson with our investigators Heidi and Zoe. Jamie Ackroyd (the member) came with us to teach them. We got in, Heidi and Zoe both started asking questions right away. They were asking us about the Word of Wisdom and about Priesthood. So we stopped them asked if we could open with prayer and kind of start at the beginning with the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We promised them that the questions they have will be answered. We then began the lesson and the spirit was so strong. We only got to prophets before we had to unfortunately leave. But we were able to explain so much and they were asking questions left and right. They invited us back over on Tuesday to finish the lesson. It was a really good lesson. We were able to talk about families being together forever and how the gospel has blessed our lives and in the lives of our families. In the end we invited them to download the gospel library on their phones. They did it right in front of us. Zoe has read a few chapters so far and Heidi has read the introduction.On Tuesday we will invite them to pray about Joseph Smith and to come to church and if the spirit prompts us, we will schedule them. That was probably the highlight for my week. So many other things are happening though. We were able to talk to quite a few people and get return appointments with them this upcoming week. Good things are happening in little old Bridlington.
 
Another miracle that strengthened my testimony. We were walking alone the promenade and we passed this guy named John who I had a feeling to go talk to, We kept walking and I had the feeling again. So we turned around and started talking to him. We had a good conversation and talked about the gospel a bit. We then asked him for his contact information, He said he can't have us at his home, so we asked if he wanted to meet us at the chapel, he agreed and set up a time to come by. He then gave us his phone number to call him. He has never met mormons before and he said we are "okay" guys! Well hopefully when we see him on Tuesday good things will come. Miralces are happening everywhere. This church is true and we are doing His work. Lets keep doing good work. Love you all and hope you are all well.
 
God be with you. On our way. #10sof1000s. Lets do good work.
 
Love, Elder Tyler Rife


This son of ours......
No pictures again this week...SAD!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment