Monday, February 16, 2015

Love, Love, Love, Love, Love Love!!!

Hi Mum, Dad, and Family!
Well another week has passed and it sounds like you are all having so much fun and doing so much good! "Adam fell that men might be, men are that they might have joy." 2 Nephi 2:25 Life is supposed to be enjoyable while we are learning to become like our Father in Heaven, so I am so glad to hear of all the fun things that are happening! Valentines day sounded mushy as it always is in the Rife family! I love the traditions that our family has done, I think that it truly shows that we love each other. Going out of our way so we can enjoy each other and have good memories. I will definitely carry on many of the traditions that our family has done! Man it sounds like everyone is taking this exercise thing very seriously! Haha I'm going to have to pick up my game!! New February Resolution time!!! Starting today I am going to exercise harder in the morning!!! :) Well Kendra I'm going to have to say...although you will probably, maybe not like it, be careful. Even the appearance of evil will drag even the strongest, most righteous down to misery. If you take it in a sense of Peter walking toward the Savior on water; never look away, always be looking forward to the Savior and when we do this we can be "in the world (have fun, 2 Nephi 2:25) as well as keep our hands tight on the Iron Rod! We don't really understand how many blessings our Father in Heaven has in store for us but know that we do and that they only come if we are obedient, faithful, and endure to the end! Well Family I love you so much and I hope you are all doing really good and staying strong in the goodness of the Gospel! It truly is so beautiful, we have been blessed so much! I love you...write me. Sorry you guys haven't gotten letters in a while...the post system is so weird in Bridlington...they keep messing up and sending letters back to me, but we got it all sorted so you should be getting letters soon!
God be with you until we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. Hold tight to the word of God, we are representatives of Jesus Christ.
Love, Elder Tyler Rife (Ty-dye)
P.S. Tell Connie thanks for being my Valentine and show her the picture of me on the Piano! :) I got to play while Jamie (a member) was singing for all the women for a Valentine Dinner.
Ya alright everyone,
I can see whats happenin'....what? and They don't have a clue! Who? They'll fall in love and heres the bottom line our trios down to 2. OH! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! So much love going on, but nobody wanted to talk to us because of it! haha it was awful! We would go and try to talk to someone in the street and they would just brush us off or say they couldn't talk! It was a hard day on Valentines day...and they say it is supposed to be a day of love...hahahahaha I laugh in your face! Well I guess those people were just missing out on real love they could feel from Heavenly Father! But it was a fun day all the same!
Elder Stringfellow and I have had loads of success this week! So many miracles have happened! The first, we were given a referral by the name of Carl. We haven't been able to get a hold of him for weeks and finally we did. We met with him for the first time and were able to talk to him about his beliefs and his expectations from us. We didn't have much time with him so we decided to talk to him about the Book of Mormon a little bit. We invited him to read the Book of Mormon and he accepted willingly! We then felt prompted to invite him to be baptized. He said straight away "yes, if I found out it was true" We left with a prayer and he promised to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. We are seeing him Tuesday and will teach him the Restoration. I know felt the presence of the Spirit and that soon as he tries and puts in an effort to find out if what we are bringing him is true he will have a desire to be baptized.

We had a lesson with Paul and Sue Taylor. They are probably in their 60's and are very religious. We met them near the beach and after talking to them for a while they invited us over. We went over and talked about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. We talked about how we have testimonies of the Book of Mormon and that we each have to go through a conversion process. We were able to talk about loads of other things. It was amazing. We then with them were prompted to invite them to be baptized. It went silent for a bit but then Sue said, "If I find out that this is all true then I will be baptized again into the true Church" Paul then said " At this moment I will say no, but maybe there will come a time when I will change my mind" WOW! So many miracles and I know that these people have been lead in the right direction by Heavenly Father and that we were placed in their path to help them come to a better knowledge of the Gospel. Hopefully they too will progress and as they read and find out for themselves if it is all true they will be baptized.
Good things are happening in bridlington and it is all because of Heavenly Father. He has blessed Elder Stringfellow and I and we are seeing many miracles happening and many people coming to gain a testimony of Jesus Christ and his gospel. The work is definitely going forward. All because the Lord LOVES us immensely, beyond any other kind of love. This is the true love that is in the air.
Well I hope you are all doing good and I hope to hear from you soon! God be with you. On our way. #10sof1000s. We are representatives of Jesus Christ.
Love, Elder Tyler Rife


Elder Stringfellow and Elder Rife on Valentine's Day wearing their RED and PINK Valentine's Day ties!!!


 Tyler playing the Piano with Jamie Ackroyd (a member) For a Valentines activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment