Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Here we go, here we go again! - Monday, June 8, 2015

Hiya Mum, Dad, and family, 

I love you all! :) Just thought I would let you know. It sounds like you guys are having a very busy but eventful summer! Dad you did a good job with mum! Now I know where I get my good charm! :) hahaha. Happy anniversary to you both. I wish I could have been there, but just know I am so grateful that mum after 7 times of asking and asking you finally said yes! haha (that was a Tangled reference if you didn't catch it) You both are wonderful examples to me. I hope that I can be anywhere near you both one day. Happy Birthday Katelin, sorry you were sick! that isn't good. I am sending Happy Birthday letters...just so you know, it is just taking a while. Kylee seems like she is really really busy but I think it is good. Tell her to keep doing fun things but also to keep up on the school work. Because school is the most important and then fun. But you can do both at the same time! Tanner you always some how sneak a way to hang out don't ya! ;) That's my boy! haha. But always listen to Mum and Dad as well....they do know best. How are Kendra and Kynsie liking their new flat? 

For my week now! Well we have started over again. Haha it seems like it is always happening. We get investigators and it goes so well and then it stops because they don't want to put in an effort. But what they don't understand is they have to put in an effort to read and pray or they WILL NOT find out if what we are saying is true or not. So we are always just bearing firm testimony of the Book of Mormon and prayer. Hopefully we planted seeds in all of their hearts and one day they will have a desire to find out! 

But we have started again finding people to teach and at first the week went really slow. Loads and loads of finding. We got flogged so we were walking back to the flat to eat Dinner and these teenagers walked up to us. To be honest what went through my head at first was "Oh no here it goes...more mouthing off, just be ready and don't get angry" But the first thing they said was "ya know we really respect you guys" wait what did they say!? haha it really surprised me! We started talking and they wanted to find out more about God and really if he even was there, so we got a return appointment and everything. We went by two days later and the lesson went so well. Probably one of the best lessons I have ever had. The spirit was there teaching them and we were bearing testimony. It was amazing. They accepted our invitation to read the Book of Mormon and Pray, to keep meeting with us and to if they find out if it is true...to be baptized. They were really excited and loved hearing about Joseph Smith, they said it just sounds right. It was amazing! They have a baptismal date for June 27, 2015. So hopefully they will read and they will find out that it is true. 

It is so simple but yet we make things so hard. All Heavenly Father asks us to do is to read the Book of Mormon and Pray about it. He promises us that if we do that, he will give us the truth to all things. What an amazing promise! The truth to all things! If you really want to find out what is right or wrong, if you have a sincere heart and real intent, Heavenly Father is bound to give us an answer if it is his will. Experiment with it. I promise that you will recieve an answer to your prayers, it may not be immediately but it will come. I know that this is true. I love you all and hope you are well. If you need anything let me know. 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

No comments:

Post a Comment