Wednesday, June 10, 2015

What time is it...summer time! - Monday, June 1, 2015

Hiya mum, dad, and family,
 
I always loved the end of school, when summer started and we had no more to worry about until the school year again. The weather got better and we got to have so much fun! Here in England the weather is about the same...on and off rain haha! But I still get to have so much fun. I am glad to hear you guys had a good conversation with Austin. He didn't email me this week so say hi for me. Sometimes he gets really busy with work. Elder  Blonquist! I am excited to meet him!! Somethings not to bring....hmmm I would say a coat, buy a coat here! The other is I would only take one suit. He is probably going to want to buy an English suit. They are pretty nice and not that expensive. I will have to come up with a list of things to bring and not to bring. Tell him if he has any questions to email me or something.
 
My week has been actually really good. We have had a lot going on. The only challenge we have now is moving all the people we are teaching from lesson one to coming to church. We are teaching quite a few people it is just now we have to get them to put in an effort, or they will not gain a personal testimony of this gospel.
 
We have been working really hard to find someone to baptize on the 20th of June, so we have been finding so much. Well we were praying for somebody and we found them hopefully. Her name is Ceri, she came to a family history class, and we were able to get her information. We set up an appointment and as we were walking to her house, we met her half way. We asked her if we were still meeting with her and she said that her partner isn't really in the best of mood right now. Well what went through our mind was oh well when can we meet you next. I was about to ask and she then said, can we go to the church and you can teach me there. We were a bit speechless but then said well of course and we went to the church and taught her the Plan of Salvation. She believes quite a bit of what we believe and likes it. She also told us that she doesn't drink or smoke!!!!! :) We were so surprised because everyone drinks or smokes here in England haha! Well we invited her to church and she said she would try to make it! Sunday came and all of a sudden she showed up! She really liked it and we are meeting with her Tuesday!
WOW what a miracle. Prayers really are answered. She is prepared other than she needs to sort things out with her partner. But Heavenly Father was really looking out for us! 
We also met with Scott and Adam again. They are kind of in the in between stages of not to bothered but interested. We are just trying to help them get a desire to read the Book of Mormon and come to church to find out if what we are saying is true.
 
Tom isn't going to far. We haven't been able to meet with him and he told us that he wasn't going to do anything about finding out. So we are seeing him one more time to try and help him re-ignite the desire to find out if what we are saying is true.
 
So many good things are happening, along with challenging things but I know that as we are diligent and obedient our prayers will be answered. Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to be happy so he will answer our prayers but he wants us to put in an effort, to show our willingness to submit to his will. Ether 12:27 I love you all and hope you are well. If you need anything let me know. Sorry no pictures again. I forgot I took out my SD card and left it at the flat. haha oops
 
God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment