Tuesday, June 23, 2015

When can I be baptized? - Monday, June 15, 2015

Mum, dad, and Family,
 
Wow the shed looks absolutely amazing! I am very impressed! I am going to take credit for it! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATELIN, KYLEE, AND MUM! I am sending letters to you right now! It is just taking a bit of time! Kylee you did so good at swimming! I wish I was there to see you do it! I am so proud of you! Congrats on your PR's (PR for Personal record as well as Piano recital) haha did you see what I did there!! You all should really get more rest! Shame on you haha ;)
 
This week has been so amazing. It started out slow with people flogging us and not reading the Book of Mormon, and much much more. But one day we were walking towards a less active's house who ended up not being in, we  then decided to walk towards an investigators house to see if they were in. As we were walking this group of teenagers called to us and yelled "are you the ones that played the music" We were really confused....now rewind time to about 2 o'clock in the afternoon! Elder Smith and I were walking towards Scott and Adam's house and this guy was walking past with his guitar so I asked him if I could play him a song...he gave me his guitar and I played the lion sleeps tonight...the only song I know how to play on the guitar (don't worry I sang really quietly) Well it was us they were talking about and then they found out that we were American and started talking to us. Well we weren't really in the mood to have young kids taking the mick out of us...so we told them we had to keep walking unless they wanted to learn about what we believed. Well they said they did and so we started talking to them about what we believed. We basically taught them the Plan of Salvation and the Restoration. We asked them if they wanted to learn more and they said they actually did want to learn because it sounds so good. So we set up a return appointment with them and taught them again. We then invited them to church. Sunday rolled around and they didn't show up. They texted us and told us that they couldn't make it right when church was starting. It was a bit disappointing but we are teaching them tonight. So keep your fingers crossed.
 
We knocked by Scott and Adam's and they ended up being in. They aren't too interested I don't think anymore but we started talking to their friend Sam and she told us to come around. We went around and were talking and then out of the blue she was like "When can I be baptized" haha ummm well we have to teach you and you have to come to church and live the Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity after that you can be baptized. Well she said she would do it. So we are now teaching her and she really really wants to do this. She started reading the Book of Mormon and said she hasn't got an answer yet but still is trying. She then said that her friend wanted to know about us as well. So the next day we went back and her friend Emily was there. We were talking about baptism again and stuff and she said she also wanted to be baptized and she wants her daughter baptized as well. WOW what a miracle! We are now starting to teach them and hopefully they are working towards baptism on the 11th of July. Unfortunately they didn't come to church yesterday either because they both got really ill.
 
The other good thing is we got Ipads now!!! It is pretty cool we have been able to show Mormon messages at lessons. We can't use them for much else other than gospel library yet but they said soon we will be able to use them for much more. I am a bit apprehensive about them but I think they will be good and if used in the right way they will be such a good tool for missionaries. This week has been quite good and I hope your week was really good as well. I love you all and miss you. If you need anything let me know!
 
God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES!
 
Love, Elder Tyler Rife 
 
Ps. I will let you know my thoughts in the next email...just remind me about it.
 
I will also send pictures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment