Thursday, August 20, 2015

Zoomin' by - Monday, August 17, 2015

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family, 

Wow you guys had an amazing week! I love camping. It sounded and looked like you all had an awesome time at bear lake, but I would say it was more a hotel than camping!! Haha you had a Jacuzzi...I mean lets be for real...that is not camping! ;) Tanner how did your date go? I want to know all about it...unless there is proof it didn't happen..haha! :) Who was it with and what did you do? Was it fun? My first date was with Adri Ojuka....we went to Lagoon, and it was a blast! Ya know what we should do, we should start a family business in catering! That would be the best, because everyone that we make food for is always so impressed by it! Just a thought to think about. 

I will be quick for my week. But I just wanted to tell you all about my week, and all the wonderful things that happened here in England. I saw so many miracles. Elder Jeng and I are able to see so many blessings. So the week started out with loads of finding again. Which was so much fun. Many people don't like finding, but I love it. I love talking to people. When people turn a blind eye to the gospel I just laugh it off. They are definitely missing out on something that would impact their life in such a major way! But I love bearing my testimony to everyone, and letting them know that I know that this is true! 

Elder Jeng and I were finding quite a bit and were having a bit of success and we were just headed home. Well we must talk to everyone. So we were walking down this path and there was a guy with headphones walking towards us and a girl that was walking to the side of us, both with headphones in. Well I thought alright we will try to talk to the man. We tried and he completely rejected us, (not just cause his headphones were in). So I thought I would try and give the girl a Mormon.org card. Well we did it and it was so funny because she has never heard of "Mormons" and thought that it was so cool that we do this. We then got talking and she said you know this is interesting, I just left my friends house and I have actually been trying to know if God is there, well my friend told me she would pray for me and now I have ran into you guys. We told her that it was an answer and that their is a reason for everything. We got a return appointment with her. We then saw her later that week and she was so interested. We talked about all kinds of things, but mainly the Restoration. She said it makes sense and she said that she wants to find out. We invited her to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and come to church. She said she would, she also said that she really wanted to put some time and effort into this to find out. We then invited her to be baptized if she found out that it was true. Well she accepted that as well. So the next time we see her we are going to try and schedule her for a specific date. Please keep her and us in your prayers. I know that the power of prayer is real. Miracles happen from it and I know that your prayers will be answered. Thank you for everything. 

We decided to try by some potentials that the other elders left for us. We went by this house, Becky. She wasn't in but two of her friends were. So we taught them Micheal and Georgia. Micheal wasn't too interested but Georgia was. So we went back the next day and taught Georgia and Becky together. It was so cool. The spirit was so strong. We testified of Joseph Smith and explained to them that they can have the same knowledge and happiness that we have. We showed them the Mormon message "The hope of Gods light". Georgia started crying and they both said that they would love to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. They both said that they would work towards baptism!

As you can see, our week has been filled with miracles. So many miracles that the week just flew by, I guess the saying is true: Time flies when you are having fun. I love this Gospel and I am so happy I have the opportunity to share my testimony with the people here in Leeds England. I love you all and am so happy for your support! If you need anything please let me know.
God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

No comments:

Post a Comment