Monday, September 7, 2015

Miracle after miracle

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family, 

Oh my goodness, The pictures are amazing! Thank you so much! :) I love you guys. So I set up an appointment with another dentist last week. Sister Pilkington said that they were really good. It is only a check up so we will see what happens. It is crazy though because even though I have a hole in my tooth....it doesn't hurt! I think it is Heavenly Father blessing me, so I can keep working! :) Africa looks so beautiful Dad. It looks so humbling though. It makes me sad to think that there are places like that all over the world and then we just sit back and hardly do anything. I wish I could do something to help them. I'm sure they were so happy to see you Dad. And I know that you made a huge difference. Tell me some more cool stories from Africa! Tanner, how is Provo High doing? I loved it there. Are you going to swim this year again? Please do it!! Kylee are you excited for school to start? How are Kendra and Kynsie doing, and Kate and Nick and the beautiful little girls? Is Aunt Ilene doing better? How is Grandma and Sister Rawcliffe? Is there anything I can do to help you all out? It sounds like you all had a really good week! I love you guys. 

As for my week, we have seen so many miracles happening! It has been a great week. I guess the first miracle is about Karis. SHE PASSED HER BAPTISMAL INTERVIEW!!!! She is on her way to being baptized this Saturday at half  7! It will be so exciting, but here comes another crazy stressful week, full of preparing and organizing the baptism. She has a really cool story. When we met her she didn't really believe that Heavenly Father was there, she wanted to know though. Well we promised her that if she read the Book of Mormon and Prayed, she would get an answer. She didn't believe us at first but after about a week of reading and praying she said she believes now. She said that Alma 32:17-18 stuck out to her. It talks about having faith obviously but she said that it just hit her and at that point she just decided to have faith. Sometimes we just need to have faith, we need to know that Heavenly Father isn't going to do anything that will harm us, so we need to trust in him and know that he will bless us! 

We met with Georgia again. She told us that she has had answers to her prayers. She said at first she didn't really care but small things have been happening and she knows that someone is there blessing her, guiding her, and protecting her. She has started reading and praying, and said she would try and start living all the commandments. She is scheduled for September 26, so who knows what will happen. We might be seeing another miracle here soon. 

Well last week I told you all about Isaac. He is an interesting lad, haha. He is an artist, and a really good one to say the least. He has a lot of interesting views on religion and said that he is happy where he is and just likes to chat about religion, he is super open minded, so I think that eventually as he reads the Book of Mormon he will see that it is the key to finding happiness. 

As for our finding miracle of the week. We have had a few. First we have been trying to find a family to teach. We have been fasting and praying to find a family. We definitely need to be looking harder, but we did potentially find a family from the Caribbean who were super nice and said we could come back whenever. Maybe this is the family! :) Another miracle that happened was with this lady who has been taught by missionaries before, she knows Elder Ferguson (my Trainer) because he served here. We set up a return appointment for Thursday. We are super excited and she was super excited to see us.

Something I learned this week: I learned that the Book of Mormon is really the Keystone to our religion! As you read it and find out that it is true, everything falls into place. Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God and therefore, God lives and he has restored his gospel to the earth today! I love the Book of Mormon, it is absolutely amazing. I hope you are all reading it! :) I love you all and hope that all is going well! 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES.

Love, Elder Tyler Rife


NO PICTURES from Tyler today so I thought I would share this one!  
This was posted on fb from my friend Caroline who I have come to know through Tyler.
She was so kind to our son while he lived in Bridlington for 7 1/2 months 
and 
now is my go to person whenever I have questions.  She is WONDERFUL and although I have never met her in person I feel like she is one of my best friends!  :) 

Her comment on fb was, "Saw this and thought of you. :)" 


I LOVE THIS and I know ALL the other missionary moms out there will LOVE it too!

How can you not love Meg Ryan and  the movie You Got Mail and then when it is paired up with Missionary Moms on P-day...???!!!  :)

HAPPY MONDAY ALL!!!


smile emoticon


No comments:

Post a Comment