Tuesday, September 15, 2015

So Happy! :)

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family, 

Tanner I am so happy you are swimming again! You will do so good! Just work really really hard and it will pay off! You will have to help me get back into shape! :) It sounds like your week was just absolutely amazing! Dad you can now say that you have frolicked (I think that is how you spell it) in the fields with a lion! Haha. That is so cool. I love all the pictures and the wonderful news on Provo High and BYU! So exciting! Well transfers are here already! They go by so flippin fast! I can't believe another transfer is starting! The good news is that I am staying with Elder Jeng in Leeds 1. We are so excited! It will be so good! We have so much going on and I know that we will see so many miracles! It will be exciting! 

As for my week. The first miracle! KARIS WAS BAPTIZED!!! It was such an exciting thing that happened. She would not stop smiling. It was so good. At the baptism the spirit was so strong and I know that everyone there felt it. Karis is doing awesome. She really knows that the church is true and she said that she is excited to learn more. She doesn't know yet but she says she believes it and hopefully one day she will know! We told her that she would know! It was so exciting. But stressful at the same time. 2 people on the program didn't show up until 2 minutes past the service was supposed to start. I was running about so afraid and like nobody was showing up. So we said a little prayer at 7:25, The baptism was supposed to start at 7:30. We just begged that people would show up and especially the people that were supposed to say the opening prayer and give talks! Well 2 minutes until it started people started showing up and then obviously the people in the program showed up. It was so scary, I was so stressed out but then everything turned out okay. Heavenly Father answered our prayers! It was so good! Karis loved it and is excited to learn more. 

So remember Max? Yeah so he flogged us at first but then on Friday we ran into him and he said he was so sorry because he had to go into work, but that he still wanted us to come and meet with him. So we went back on Saturday and had an awesome lesson with him. He was really interested and said that he likes it and that it all makes sense. We then invited him to find out for himself. He said he would read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true. He said he would and so we invited him to be baptized on the 10th of October. He said that he didn't know if he would be able to make it but he said he would try. Well I guess that is all that matters...if he tries! We are seeing him again for sure on Saturday but we will try and see him before then! 

We were also teaching this Slovak girl who is called Maria, she speaks some English and understands most of it. Well luckily there is a member who speaks Slovak. He came teaching with us and we taught her and her auntie Gabrielle. We taught the Restoration to them and they said that they believe it but they still want to read the Book of Mormon and Pray. They are leaving to Slovakia for a bit so they are going to work towards the 30 of October to be baptized! But are really nice and it is cool to see the gospel being translated. When I came to England I thought I would be teaching English, but instead I am teaching Slovakians, Russians, Africans, and English people! The Gospel is being preached to the whole world! 

I love this Gospel, it is so amazing. I know that Heavenly  Father does answer prayers and he cares about us so much! He loves us and knows each one of us by name. All we need to do is kneel down and talk to him. I love you all and hope everything is going well. 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

"As for my week...The first miracle!  KARIS WAS BAPTIZED!!!"

Elder Jeng and Elder Rife
Tyler is always doin the thumbs up thing in his pictures...not sure why!  Perhaps it is automatic whenever a picture is taken!  :)

Steve woke me up bright and early this morning at 4;49 AM calling from Atlanta, Georgia.  He has been in Africa on business for the church for nearly the past 3 weeks. I had just hung up the phone when Tyler's email popped up on my phone.  I quickly responded to Tyler's email before reading it hoping I might catch him and get to chat for a bit.
It was 5:05 AM but who cares!  I got to communicate with my son!  Technology is wonderful!  
Anyways...Tyler emailed on Tuesday this week instead of Monday because it was transfers. He wrote this little note to me and I thought I would share it on his blog.

"I am so excited to be with Elder Jeng, sometimes I don't understand him, (insert from Mom...because of the language barrier :) ) but we get along so well.  I love the guy!!"

Such a blessing to hear this from your son!  So glad he is being blessed with wonderful experiences and is able to share them with wonderful servants of our Father in Heaven.
Keep working hard boys and DO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment