Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Uhhh I don't know what to title this!! :) - Tuesday, September 1, 2015

We did not get an email from Tyler on Monday morning like we normally do and we knew it wasn't quite time for transfers yet... so we wondered if they were having some kind of holiday.  Love having connections with people who have been so good to our son over in England. :)  I messaged Caroline by way of fb and sure enough they were having a bank holiday.  We kinda figured that might be the case and that we would hear from Tyler on Tuesday. 


Hiya Mum, Dad, and family, 

So just a quick update on my tooth, I will send a picture, but it is a pretty big hole and Sister Pilkington said to go to the dentist to get it checked, and then go from there. I hope you guys don't kill me...but I don't really want a hole in my tooth. It will cost a bit of money, about £65ish. I am so sorry that I am always getting myself hurt or having to go to the doctor! I will make it up to you all one day. Oh my goodness Dad you flew over Leeds!!! Haha I probably saw the plane! :) How is Ghana, and South Africa? That would be so much fun to travel around like that. And the Ghana temple looks so pretty. Grandma, Happy Birthday! I forgot to tell you happy birthday in your letter, I hope you can forgive me. I hope you had just a fantastic day! It sounds like you all are having a good time in Utah and that you are now trying to keep the Sabbath day more Holy. I know that we can grow so much more, spiritually and temporally if we keep the reverence of the Sabbath day and always remember Jesus Christ. I love that we have the opportunity to take the Sacrament every week, it is just an amazing experience. Thank you for the advice to keep going. I hope I will be able to do my best this next year! 

Well as for my week, so much has happened. It always seems like the small miracles are the best...and the scripture just popped into my mind "by small and simple things, great things are brought to pass" So I guess, it really is the small miracles that matter the most. 

So first Karis and Louis-Well she is wanting to be baptized on the 12th of September, she has a few concerns about some commandments but said she still wants to pray and read the Book of Mormon and be baptized. She has come so far in just 3 weeks, it has been an amazing thing. We have seen her come to a greater knowledge and at first she didn't even know that she was receiving answers, but now she does. We are going to set up her baptism and go from there this upcoming week. It will be so good. We are so excited so please just keep her in your prayers that she will be able to make it for the 12th. Louis is her boyfriend, he isn't as interested but I think that the more we teach him the more he feels of the spirit and the more he wants more of those feelings, so we will see. It would be way cool if both of them were baptized and maybe eventually married in the temple. Who knows, God works in mysterious ways. 

So we have been working with a less active family lately. They are really cool. Alice and Lee were just baptized a few years ago and they love the church, they really want to come back but are having a few troubles. They love their family and know that the church is true, they are just needing a bit of encouragement. Any advice? Lee said that he wants to receive the Priesthood because his daughter Natalie would like to be baptized and he hopes that he will be able to baptize her. They have the real intent and the desire and I know that Heavenly Father will bless them as they try their hardest to be obedient and come back to church. They have definitely seen the blessings already and have seen that they are only blessed. 

Well do you remember Georgia, so we were teaching her, and then she kind of told us that she would get in contact with us. Which normally that means they don't really want to know anymore. A miracle happened just a few days ago. We were planning for the next day and we got a text from Georgia asking when we were free, she told us that she has felt somethings change and she wants to learn again. We set up an appointment for this evening. It wasn't a big miracle but I think that Heavenly Father has blessed her and he wants her to know about Him and His church. So we will see where this goes. It will be good though. 

As for our finding miracle of the week. We were walking alone and stopped this guy. I can't even remember how we stopped him, but we got talking and found out that he is an artist and has a plot of land in Arizona. He believes that their is something out there but doesn't know what and so he wants to find out. He gave us his phone number and address and we are going by tomorrow. It will be good. Before we left he said ya know I am really excited to chat with you guys, he really looked interested. It will be good. 

As you can see so many things are happening, they may be small miracles but they are miracles none the less. By small and simple things, great and marvelous things are brought to pass! I love you all and hope you are all happy. I sure am happy!!! :) I love this work and I love my Heavenly Father and Saviour Jesus Christ. This is true and it will only bless our lives, we just have to take a step into the dark to find the light. I love you. 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife 


Karis and Louis at church with Elder Rife and Elder Jeng

No comments:

Post a Comment