Monday, November 16, 2015

Miracles are in the air

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family, 

I have heard about the bombings in France, there was also a few shootings that happened. They are estimating about 180 people have been killed, but don't know how many have been injured. It is scary what is happening in the world today, loads of chaos. That is why we must do all we can to stay close to Christ and the gospel. It will keep us afloat. The bombings haven't affected England that much as of yet, the south of England has been affected a bit, but I am sure they are keeping a close eye on what is happening. President Pilkington, I'm sure has a plan to keep us safe, and Heavenly Father will keep us safe. As for Austin, he did tell me. I am so happy for him. He told me that it is going to happen. I am overjoyed and sad at the same time. Overjoyed because my best friend is coming closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, but sad because I won't be there to see it. I know he is making the right decision! There is a bug that is going around over here as well, Elder Jeng had it and now I have it, so we are in this together Tanner and Kylee. Haha. I am doing fine though, just a small head cold. Well if there is anything that I can do for Nick let me know. Tell him I love him!! :) 

Well the week has been long because of the disease that has Elder Jeng and I have both caught. Our finding hasn't been as effective, we have tried talking to people but had to stay in for a few hours because of our illnesses. This week will be so good though I know it. Although there was a little bump in the road...well maybe not a bump but a brick wall haha, we still had so many miracles. 

Last week we found a lad named Jack, from knocking. We went by on Monday night and he let us in, his mate Alex was there as well. Jack is very Atheist. He said that he doesn't believe in Heavenly Father at all but would be up to hear us out. Alex is Agnostic, he told us that he has been searching his whole life for God but he just feels like he is in this fog, and he doesn't know where to go. Well they are awesome that is for sure! They are both willing to test it out. We taught them about who Heavenly Father is and that he loves us, we then taught them about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. We explained to them that reading the Book of Mormon and praying is the way to find out if Heavenly Father is there. They said they would do it, we then invited them, if they found out it was true for themselves, to be baptized by the proper priesthood authority. They accepted our invitation and then we scheduled them for the 4th of December. We haven't been able to see them since because they are very busy Uni students but they are very interested and I know that if they put in the effort they will find out if what we are saying true and they will be baptized.

Another miracle was obviously Zone Conference. It was definitely the best. I love going. I always am so inspired to do better afterward. 

Mavis, oh Mavis....haha I don't even know. She believes that the church is true and that the Book of Mormon is true and everything. She just doesn't want to come to church or be baptized. Unfortunately she won't make the 28th of November, but we are going to re-schedule her. The last time we saw her we almost got her to commit to church, we are slowly resolving her concerns and she is now coming to the point when she will either have to make the right decision or not. She is a really funny lady, love her to death! Haha. 

I think one of the greatest miracles I saw this week was a pretty big one. Some people may say it is just coincidence but I know that it was an answer to our prayers. So the sister missionaries in the ward were having a baptism. We had 3 investigators confirmed to come to the baptism but 2 of them cancelled with us. Do you remember Georgia? Well she was supposed to come as well. 1 hour before the baptism she rang us and said she couldn't come. It was pouring rain and I being not as diligent as I should have been thought to myself I am not going to walk in the rain all night, Elder Jeng and I are both sick, I am not doing it. So we were talking to her over the phone and realized the reason why she didn't want to come was because she was nervous. She said she needed to think about it. She told us she would ring us back. So I started praying, and begging Heavenly Father that Georgia would be able to come, so she could feel the spirit and have a desire to be baptized herself and so we could get out of the rain. After about 20 minutes she rang us back and said she was coming. I was so happy I started cheering over the phone. It was great. The spirit was so strong at the baptism and I know that she felt something. I know that Heavenly Father does answer prayers and I was so thankful for it that day. 

We also taught Nana. He is so cool. Still very spiritually smart and knows the bible very well. We had a really good lesson with him about the Plan of Salvation, he said it all makes sense and he understands it but he just doesn't believe it yet. We told him to pray about it. He said he would and then we tried to schedule him for baptism, he still doesn't understand why but said if found out he would, he just doesn't want to put a date on it yet. The picture is of us at Hansen's house with Nana making Fofo, a Ghanaian meal, it is actually harder to stir than it looks. We are going to eat it this week. 

I love you guys and hope you are doing well. I want you all to know that Heavenly Father really does answer prayers because He cares about us. It sometimes isn't as fast as we want it, or the way we want it but he does answer it. Just be patient. 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES.

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

"At Hansen's house with Nana making Fofo, a Ghanaian meal.
It is actually harder to stir than it looks!"


No comments:

Post a Comment