Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Foggy Foggy Days - Monday, November 2, 2015

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family, 

I did write Mrs. Drake, I am sending the letter today. Also Daylight savings happened last week for us. It gets dark at like 4 now and doesn't get light until about 7:30ish. Very short time, and yet we have so much to do. As far as Christmas....again I am going to say Deodorant, but other than that nothing!! :) Nick, I will keep you in my prayers. Watch the John Tanner story, made by the church it is great. But is there anything I can do to help you? I am really sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Kylee I am glad you are liking school and your new teacher!! You are going to do so many good things!!! Tanner my main man, what classes are you taking? What are you doing in school and in life? Do you like being a Junior in High School? Keep working hard. How is everyone else in the Family? How is Grandma doing? 

My week has been good. It has been a very long and tiring week though. Every morning there has been something that wakes us up, whether it be people yelling at each other outside to house alarms to drunk people!! Crazy people!! haha. Even though we have been tired there has been loads of things that have happened, miracles have happened. 

First we got in contact with a few former investigators. The first being Maria, she is from Slovakia. She is interesting because she is so quiet but she really is intent on finding out if all of what we say is true. From what she has told us she has been reading the Book of Mormon and Praying. We told her that we would continue to come and teach her, and we scheduled her for baptism on the 28th of November. We have only seen her once so far. 

The next miracle of the week. Elder Jeng and I prayed to be guided to some people who are prepared to receive the wonderful message of the Restoration. Well we couldn't stop thinking about a recent convert named George, I was thinking, why does he keep popping into my head he has already accepted the Gospel. Then we came across his teaching record in the area book. Well turns out his wife Mavis was being taught at one point but never accepted it. So we went by their house and we started talking to them, getting to know them and then Mavis said she likes being straight forward with people. So in response I said Mavis I am going to be straight forward with you. We want to teach you! She looked at us and just said okay. She said she is never going to be "converted" but she reads the Book of Mormon and Prays and I know that she will receive an answer and will enter into the Waters of Baptism on the 28th of November as well. 

We got in contact with another former investigator named Georgia. We haven't been able to teach her yet but she said that her life has gone off the rails and would love to meet with us again. So we are seeing her on Wednesday. We will see what happens with her. 

Unfortunately we haven't been able to see Sam since Monday but he is still really interested. He is just so busy ALL the time. Sam is still scheduled for baptism for the 28th of November as well. Hopefully I will be able to update you on his progress next week. He is super cool!

We met another person this week from Botswana Africa. Her name is Amantle, but she goes by Amy. It was interesting because she kind of came to us. She knows Talia and saw the change in Talia and wants it as well. She wants to come to church and she wants to know if Heavenly Father is there and if what we say is true. She is very open to the Spirit and can feel it in her life.We taught Amy and we scheduled her for the 28th of November as well. She is really interested in the church and in finding an answer to all of her questions. I know that as she takes small steps to come to Christ, she will find the Gospel to be true, because of the feelings she has already had. 

There is so much still going on in the wonderful work we are doing. Talia is still doing good. Like I have told you in the past I have been trying to improve myself. Thank you for the advice, I am going to take it and see where I can get. I love you all. I know that this work that we do is true. I am so thankful for the Atonement, it really does make up for everything. Jesus Christ lives and Joseph Smith is a Prophet. Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet today. I believe it and I am coming to know it. 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

Elder Jeng and Elder Rife with George and Mavis

No comments:

Post a Comment