Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Obedience really brings blessings - Monday, November 9, 2015

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family, 

I am so happy that I know that my sisters are not dead!! It would be nice to hear from them cough cough Kendra, Katelin cough!!! ;) Just kidding I know you are busy. Grandma I love you and I hope you know I worry and pray for you every day and night! If there is anything I can do for you let me know. As far as the new stance that the church has stated about the baptism of children with gay parents. I just heard it from you for the first time. We haven't had any retaliation because of it yet, but I am sure it will come. The thing I always think about is obedience when it comes to controversial subjects. Although it is not too controversial, because Heavenly Father has commanded that marriage be between a man and a woman, therefore children should be raised by these commandments and understand that Heavenly Father only bestows blessings in abundance to those who obey. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Whenever people bring up the churches stance, well I guess it is Gods stance, on Gay and Lesbians, I just like to show them 2 articles, the first being the Family: A Proclamation to the World, and a recent article that the First Presidency and the Quorum of The Twelve Apostles wrote. I find that it is very hard to help people understand this because people don't understand that Heavenly Father loves each of us, and Heavenly Father will only bless us as we keep His commandments. Sorry that was very long and probably doesn't make any sense. Well Tanner you are following my footsteps huh!! Haha. Keep working hard at swim. I wish I did better. Your camping trip sounds like a blast as well. Looks like your week has been good. Mum, another thing you could maybe send with the deodorant is some acne cream I will attach a picture of it but an Elder let me try some of His and it works really well. I think he said he got it from Target. 

The week has been a roller coaster! It started out so slow and long, I didn't think I was going to make it. Haha. But later in the week I decided to kneel and pray. I basically moaned to Heavenly Father asking why nothing was happening. Well I then realized that the reason was because I wasn't relying on Him. I wasn't relying on the Spirit. Let me tell ya....DON'T DO WHAT I DID. You need to rely on Heavenly Father in everything you do. Elder Jeng and I tried to rely on Heavenly Father more and when we did that we found the week picked up and the past couple of days have been really good. I have been amazed at the miracles that have been happening. 

First off, I have been struggling with talking to people and then transitioning to the Gospel, which I haven't struggled with for a long time. But then both Elder Jeng and I were able to talk to so many people on a human level and then transition very easily to the gospel. It was so simple. We found quite a few people who are very interested. One being this girl who was wearing a top that said San Francisco on it. So I asked her if she has been to America. She said yes....well turns out she was in Salt Lake City as well!! I asked her what she felt and she said she felt different, but a good different. It is as if the church is true and she really did feel the spirit! Haha (I was being sarcastic as I said that by the way, if you didn't catch on). We got talking about the Holy Ghost and how she could have those feelings of peace and comfort all the time. Well we are going to see her this week. 

We contacted Georgia, and the lesson went really well. She said that she felt as though she was progressing, but then when we stopped seeing her she just went down hill. We told her that we would start teaching her again and that the Gospel will bless her life. Unfortunately she said she didn't want to set a date yet, but next time we see her we are going to set up a baptismal date. She is really busy and was going to come to church but then got sick! :( But no matter, she will come next week. 

Mavis is so awesome. She is just so straight forward. Haha. So I am straight forward with her, and she loves it! Haha. We get along really well. She said that she believes the Book of Mormon and everything. We asked her the baptismal interview questions and she believes everything. She just doesn't want to come to church. We found out that she never has been to church. It is weird because almost every English person has been to church at least once. We think she is just scared. So we asked her to pray about it, and asked her to pray with her husband George. They both committed to it and she said that she might come to church!!! :) yeah!!! 

We still haven't been able to see Sam. He is always busy, but he set up an appointment with us for Friday, so we will see. 

Well so many other miracles happened. I think I realized that the thing that has been holding me back is that I haven't been relying on Heavenly Father and I have been searching for the great big miracles, when I haven't been noticing the small miracles that are right in front of me. It is something that we all sometimes fall into. We are always looking for the great things, the big blessings, and then we forget about the "plain and precious truths". We need to focus on the plain and precious truths, those are the important things. If we have received an answer that the Book of Mormon is true and that the gospel is true than we should trust Heavenly Father. He knows what we need, and he knows what will bring us eternal happiness. We need to always go back to the plain and precious truths, these truths are what will bring us the great blessings, and eternal happiness. I love you all and hope you are all well. Please let me know if you need anything. 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife



Elder Jeng and Elder Rife "knocking"
Tyler also added the note that Bernard came knocking with them!
I can't remember who Bernard is...he must be the one who is taking this picture.
Perhaps he is a member???  I'll have to ask Tyler to remind me about him.  

"We are starting to teach a Ghanaian named Nana (the guy in the colorful shirt).
Hansen is a member.  They cooked Ghanaian food for us and then they started eating the bones...I was like "WHAT"???  Apparently it is very healthy for you....so we all did it.  It actually wasn't too bad!"

Tyler's  mother still isn't too sure about this!!! I would have said, "YUCK!"  I don't think I could've done this!!!  :)

"This is Ella...
The girl who was wearing a San Francisco Sweatshirt that they "found"
Come to find out she had been to Salt Lake City as well!!!
They are going to meet with her later this week.  
Hope Tyler will have more to tell us about her soon!  :)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment