Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Perfection won't come by Wednesday afternoon - Monday, November 23, 2015

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family, 

Goodness, what a week for you all. I am glad to hear BYU won. Kylee how did you get to ring the Victory bell? What a great thing you got to do. Is there anything I can do to help Kynsie? Kendra keep being awesome. I look forward to talking to you all. Are you going to go to Austins baptism? You all have had a wonderful week. Pretty hectic though! haha. 

This week has been freezing cold!!! Probably the coldest winter ever!! But Heavenly Father has definitely blessed Elder Jeng and I. It has been a miraculous week that is for sure, but all small miracles. 

First off, we had interviews with President Pilkington this week. I love interviews, they always lift me/us so high. For some reason I always get nervous but then when I am actually in front of President all is well. He is such a great man, definitely inspired. He talked to me about what stresses me out and how things have been going in general. I told him that I get stressed when I am not perfect, and it is hard not being perfect. Well he told me straight forward, "perfection won't come by a Wednesday afternoon" It is true. That is why we are here, to just learn and try. We will not be perfect, but we can try to be perfect. We came to earth to prepare and to become like God is, that doesn't mean we will be perfect now. Perfection is eternal. I have learned loads from President Pilkington, because of our talk I have been trying to not be as hard on myself...we all know that I am bad at that. You all keep telling me! :) haha now I am finally listening to it! 

We were knocking last week. It was pouring rain and very cold. Well we knocked on these girls door. They told us that they were sorta religious, they then told us that we could come another time. So I asked if we could go by on Wednesday. They said yes immediately. From that I just assumed that they would stand us up. Well we were late going to the appointment but because I assumed that they would stand us up it didn't bother me. Which it should have, I wasn't being as diligent as I should have. We went by and they were in. They said you guys were supposed to come earlier. Haha there is a slap to the face for me! They then asked if we could come by in about a half hour. So we did. There were three girls there. Ella, Kate, and Mikaila. They are all really open and really cool. We taught them the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the spirit was so strong. I really enjoyed the lesson. I know that they felt something. They then were asking loads of questions. We invited them to find out for themselves and to read the Book of Mormon and then pray about it. They said they would do it, that they really wanted to test it out. We then invited them to be baptized on the 11th of December. They accepted the date very willingly. They want to get involved with the YSA and come to church. It was so good to have a lesson like that. I know that if they Read and Pray with real intent they will receive an answer! 

Jack and Alex haven't been able to see us because they are so busy but we popped by for just a little bit and they said that they have been reading and that they are still very interested in it. We are going to teach them again this week. 

We spent a good amount of this week knocking and street contacting. It was really good to get back to the basics of missionary work. Sometimes I find it hard to talk to people, even though I love it. But some how Heavenly Father always makes it possible for me to approach somebody and talk to them. The end result is so amazing. Being able to bear testimony. We have done a lot of that lately. It has been really good. We have found so many new people this week, now we just need to go by and teach them. I really love missionary work. It is wonderful, it is hard, but wonderful. I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

I know that perfection doesn't come by Wednesday, I know that Heavenly Father does bless us so much as we are obedient and faithful to him. Use the atonement of Jesus Christ, through him we can become more of the person he wants us to be. I love you all and hope you know that I know that this church is true! 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife


I don't quite have the faith to move mountains.....but I am getting there! :)

"Enjoying a GIANT Hot dog with Elder Cope on Exchange and a member we were helping at the hospital!"

Not sure what he is doing here.  Perhaps this will have to be a question we ask him when he returns
OR 
You could caption it and we could have a little fun with it!!! :)


Have a wonderful week all and enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving!
We sure are thankful for you ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment