Sunday, December 13, 2015

Transfers...again...goes by faster every day - Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Hiya Mum, Dad, and family, 

Transfers were this week again. It is so crazy how fast things are going. I really don't like how fast it is going. There is still so much that I can improve and so much to do and yet so little time. I have been serving with Elder Jeng now for 3 transfers. He is just absolutely amazing. He has a heart of gold. It has been great serving with him. Unfortunately he is going to a place called Huddersfield. It will be good for him, great ward and good area.  I have been asked to serve in Hull as a Zone Leader. To be honest I am really scared, because I don't think I am capable of it. But Please if you have any advice to help me, it would be appreciated. 

I love setting up the tree. Thanks for the pictures I really enjoy pictures. As far as the California shooting, people are hearing about it over here as well. Paris got bombed about a month ago as you know. There is still up roar from that. This past week I heard that down south someone was stabbed in a train station by a so called terrorist. That is all that has been happening. It is scary what is happening, but I agree with what you are saying to me. We are on fine lines but as we stay close to the Gospel and listen to the words of the Prophets we will be able to hold tight to the Iron Rod and not be lead astray. I am glad to hear BYU has won, but that is not good that they got into a bit of trouble with Emmery. I can't believe Coach Mendenhall is leaving!!! NOOOO!! Well that was definitely a miracle that happened to Kynsie. There are good people in the world. As far as Christmas is concerned, I guess we can skype the same time on Christmas, 12 in the US and 7 here. I will just Skype Kynsie's account again, hopefully it will work. Is that okay? I will also send my new address to you guys next week, for now send things to the mission office. It might be better to put the mission office address in the (ward) weekly newsletter. 

As for my week it has been super good. Elder Jeng and I have been doing loads of finding and starting at the beginning again. But we have had so many miracles as well. 

The first being on Monday. We decided to try by Deborah, I think I told you about her last week. Well she let us in and she had 3 house mates there as well. We started teaching them. We taught them about Joseph Smith and The Book of Mormon. They had loads of questions. We told them that the way that they will find out if what we say is true is if they read, if they pray, if they come to church. They understood and are really interested in finding out. Specifically 2 people. Natasha and Jess. Both very atheist but very open and wanting to find more happiness. So we then invited them to be baptized on January 2, 2016. They accepted the date and are really willing to work towards it. We unfortunately haven't seen them, because they are "busy" University students, and now we are moving. But I know that the two new elders coming will do a great job. 

Later that week we went by a man by the name of Rob. He is so good. He is in his 60's and very very religious. He is so in tune with the spirit. It was cool because he would before we could invite him to do it, explain to us how he needs to read and pray and come to church and experiment with it. He said that if this church is the true church then Heavenly Father would tell him through the Holy Ghost (Moroni 10:3-5) We taught him about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon as well and he said it all makes sense. It was such a good lesson. We are seeing him next week....well I guess the new Elders. He accepted a date to be baptized on January 2, 2016 as well. 

We also got in with a potential who we found like 2 months ago. We just had a feeling to go by. We had about 20 minutes before we had to go to another appointment. We knocked on her door, and she was in!!! YAY!! She has a little boy named Zion. Super cool name. Well we found out that she really wants to find out If God is there and would do anything for it. So we taught her about Joseph Smith and how he had similar questions and how he prayed and got an answer. We explained to her that she can pray as well and receive an answer. We asked her if she received an answer if she would be baptized. She said she would. So we scheduled her for January 2, 2016 as well. It has been a week full of miracles! It has been great. Now we are both onto new beginnings and new experiences. I will miss Leeds 1 but I am also excited to try new places and get to know new people. 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

Sorry no pictures :( 

This is for Austin:

Well to be honest my feelings are competing with each other right now. I am absolutely over joyed that you are taking this step to come closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Like I have told you before you will recognize blessings from Heavenly Father to you. The other side of me is gutted because I am not able to see my best mate enter the waters of baptism and come out a new man. But know that I am there with you still. It is 9 pm right now and I am thinking about you. I am cheering for you. Austin I know I tell you this all the time but it just means so much to me. I know with out a doubt in my mind that Jesus Christ lives. I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God and that he was called to restore the fullness of Jesus Christ's Church to the earth today. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, it is another testament of Jesus Christ and it is true. I have come to know this myself and now you have come to know it yourself. That is why you are making the decision to be baptized. You are making a wonderful promise to Heavenly Father and He is going to bless you. Always live faithfully, Heavenly Father will only bless you. You will find direction and comfort as you follow this path. You will see that Heavenly Father has a great Plan for you. Your journey has just begun, live it. I love you man. I am right next to you always. Ki Kaha Bruv (Ki kaha means stay strong, Bruv is an English saying, it means brother) #3musketeers.


Since Tyler didn't send any pictures ,,,

I'm going to share a few that were from our wonderful weekend! 

Austin Buckner has been a friend of Tyler's and several other boys that are currently out serving missions since elementary school at Grandview!
We had the wonderful opportunity to witness his baptism this past Saturday and confirmation today. Steve had been asked to give a talk about baptism where he was able to share some of the above message from Tyler.
What a choice blessing this was to be a part of. 

What a GREAT example of Member Missionary work!  
We are so HAPPY for you Austin and the choice you have made. 
Here we are as the parents of the boys out serving missions...with Austin

Some of the friends!  
Tyler has been blessed with a remarkable group of friends.  There are many others...young men and young women out serving our Father in Heaven in various parts of the world.

After Austin's baptism

Austin and Kendra 
After church today where he was confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Love these Girls!  
I just HAD to add this fun one! 
Hope you won't hate me Gloria, Kelly and Adri !!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment