Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas and Carols - Monday, December 21, 2015

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family, 

The snow looks amazing. That is one thing I do miss...the snow, except I don't like the cold. haha. Tanner good job for hitting under 30. Keep pushing yourself you will do great things!! I am sorry to hear about Sister Morrell. But that is the good thing about the Plan of Salvation. Knowing that we can live with our families forever. I can't imagine without it. I think it is really sad when we run into people who don't think that we can live with our families forever. It is terrible. But then when we are able to bear testimony it is amazing! How did the choir thing go? It looked good. Heavenly Father is definitely looking after us. Well just remember that satan is attacking the family. He wants us to fail. But we need to look him in the face and beat him up!!!! :) 

Well I am excited for Christmas. I am excited to speak to all of you on Christmas day. Yes it will be at 12 in America, 7 in England. Be there or be square!! :) I will try to keep it quick because I will probably just tell you the same things on Christmas!! haha. There are so many lights up this year, way more than last. Last year there were hardly any. It was really sad. But this year we have been handing out the Saviour is Born cards. They are great. People these days need to realize that Christmas isn't about shopping and trees and sweets. It is about Christ. Without him, we wouldn't be able to celebrate, there would be no meaning behind it. We had a mission Christmas party and President had us watch the film "its a Wonderful Life" First off it is like my favourite film but second, it really helped me see that Christmas is about giving back. So giving gifts to family and friends. But if you look further, it is about giving back to the Saviour. How can we do that this Christmas? What can we do to follow in His footsteps. 

Well James came to church. Haha, oh James. He is really funny. James loves it at church but gets bored and leaves. He is an interesting bloke. He is reading the Book of Mormon but says he hasn't got an answer yet. Next time we see him we will have to explain the influence of the Holy Ghost. I am hoping that James will make it to his date. 

We are also teaching a lady by the name Suzzanna. She is from the Congo and speaks very little English but she understands everything we are saying. Her family are members down in Manchester. She loves the Book of Mormon and loves church. She is working towards being baptised next weekend. There are few little bits and bobs that we need to teach but she is doing great and I know that she will make it. 

Dawn is doing absolutely amazing. She just takes everything so willingly. She keeps telling us that she just wants to find out. She had read and prayed. She said that she hasn't got an answer yet but knows that if God is there and wants her to know He will tell her. She understands as well that it might take time. She wasn't able to come to church this week because she was on holiday with her family. But she said she is coming next week. 

There are so many other good things happening. I love all the miracles that happen. Something that I have learned this week is patience. haha I have always had a hard time with it, and to be honest I still do. But as we are patient we see that things will not come in our time. Things only come in Heavenly Fathers time. But going along with patience is the faith that Heavenly Father will not leave us hanging. Remember that life is crazy!!! But we need to understand that we need to be patient. Only then will we see the miracles of God in our lives. 

I love you all and look forward to seeing you on Christmas. If you need anything let me know. 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife


This appeared in my memories today on fb from two years ago and you know How I LOVE pictures!  Well...
Tyler didn't send any this week so...I thought this one would be a good one to share! :)

For ALL of you out there anticipating that exciting call!  I know we are sure excited here at our home and can hardly wait!  
Enjoy everyone and Have a very Merry CHRISTmas!   

No comments:

Post a Comment