Monday, January 11, 2016

Gods Hand in All Things

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family, 

First off I gotta say Tanner you got me. I didn't think I would ever say it. But I think you have passed me on swim. But we will race when I get home to determine who really is the best. Haha you better prepare yourself!! :) I am really happy for you though. That is so good. Kylee I think you are more busy than I have ever been in my life. You just have so much going on which is good. Keep it up. Kendra you know what this means now right? I am moving in and you will have to teach me how to cook!! Haha. I make a pretty mean chicken wrap! It is funny how people are getting so upset about the BYU Utah game. Go BYU!!!!! The best in the world!! I will only be with the new mission president for a short time. I am excited to get to know him a bit though. Um I know that the release date for us is August 11. but I don't know what it would be if I extended. I do know that it would only be for about 2 weeks because my visa expires on the 28th of August. So I should be home before September. 

This week has been really good. We have had loads of meetings which has been really really stressful but on the other had I have really seen Heavenly Father's hand in everything that we do. This week I have learned so much and have witnessed so many miracles. 
Remember I told you about Mary a few weeks ago. Mary had been taught before in Blackburn which is near the Preston Temple. She really loved going to the church, she almost was baptised and even brought 4 of her friends to the church and they all got baptised. Well things happened... they moved and they weren't able to get in contact with the church again. We were knocking and found them. Well we went by and started to teach them again. Mary was there and  her daughter Michelle. We taught them about Joseph Smith and they said that they feel good. They said that it just makes sense and everything that we talked about was in accordance with what the Bible teaches as well. They explained that they know that the Spirit will tell them what is true. They said they would work towards baptism for January 30th. Well we went by again. This time Marys son was there as well. His name is Raz. He is ten and we talked about Baptism and the Holy Ghost. Raz now wants to be baptised and he wants to serve a mission!!! HAHA WHAT? A MISSION!!! CRAZY! That was exciting to hear. They said that they now it is true. Mary then told us that she remembers one time they went and saw the temple. She said that when she looked at it she knew that is where her salvation was. That is what they are working towards now. They really want to be sealed as a family in the temple. I know that Heavenly Father lead us to that street to knock just to give Mary and her children a second chance. I also know that if we weren't being obedient then we wouldn't have known to knock that street. You could really see that Heavenly Father placed each of us in the same path so we could help Mary, Michelle, and Raz. 

We also were knocking in the same area. We met a guy by the name of Nigel. Well my eyes were opened. I sat there and we started to teach. Well Nigel looks like a very homely old man.  He also just breathes smoke, that is how much he smokes. My first impression was this isn't worth it. Well I was completely wrong. I had a thought, He is a son of God and he deserves the Gospel. So I prayed to be able to love him and see beyond his imperfections. Suddenly I just felt this overwhelming love for him. It sounds silly but I know that Heavenly Father helped me to see his potential. Nigel has the greatest desire to change. He has a lot of issues in his life but he really wants to change. In his prayer at the end of the lesson he thanked Heavenly Father for the missionaries and for us being willing to help him even though he doesn't believe. It really hit me hard. I saw at that moment that there are so many people who need the gospel and who want the gospel. We are here to help them and serve them. I really love this work. 

So many other miracles happened throughout the week but I would sit here for ages trying to tell you of them. I really do know that Heavenly Father's hand is in everything we do, everything we say. This is His work and His glory. He works through us. We have to be willing to let Him. We need to be willing to trust Him. I know He lives. 
I love you all and hope you are all well. Please let me know if you need anything. 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

Sorry no pics. They weren't sending for some odd reason. I will send them next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment