Monday, January 25, 2016

We are going Miles with Elder Miles!

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family,
 
Did you all see what I did there....We are going miles! haha. Well as I mentioned last week, Elder Miles is my new companion. I lived with him for a bit in Leeds. He is a great guy. He is from North Salt Lake. We are pretty similar in personality. We are also doing loads of things. Seeing miracles. 
It seems as though you all had a fantastic week as well. A very busy week with Kylee's science project and with the Klondike and with taking care of Kinley and Mila. I hope they are okay. Will you let me know what the Doctors say about Kinley. Is there anything I can do for her?
 
The Klondike sounded so much fun as well. That is one I probably would have loved to go on. Sorry I couldn't help you out Kate and Nick with your flat.
 
Kylee did you win your science fair? Tan congrats for doing so well at the swim meet even though you didn't feel too good. You can send the stuff to our flat. The new address is 186 Greenlea Court, Dalton, Huddersfield, HD5, 8QB, England. I hope to hear from you all. :)  INSERT FROM TYLER'S MOM:  I THINK THAT IS A DEFINITE HINT!  HE WOULD LIKE LETTERS!!!  :)
 
As for my week it has been fantastic. It has been a busy one with sorting out transfers and things. We had to make sure everyone got where they needed to be and that the people coming to the area got where they needed to be. But it has been good all the same. The Zone is doing really good. We have loads of Elders and Sisters who are very talented and who really want to do good work. Normally we go on exchange every week with someone. President does involve us in almost every meeting. We do quite a bit as Zone Leaders. I still don't think I am very good at it, but I know most of what I need to do. We basically just help out the zone.
 
Elder Miles and I have been able to teach quite a bit and find quite a bit. Huddersfield is a great area. As far as finding is concerned. We were knocking Falcon Street and we were talking to loads of people and having great conversations. Many people are really interested. But we met this one family that I am really excited to see. They are Polish and very religious. We chatted for sometime. They said they couldn't let us in that day because they were decorating. We are going back on Tuesday. Alex, the Dad asked if he could come to church with us sometime. We said yes, of course. He didn't come this week but we are hoping that we will see them on Tuesday and that they will come next week. I am really excited for them.
 
We are teaching this guy named Ben. Ben's grandma is a member of the church already. But the missionaries knocked into him. He said that he doesn't really believe in God but is really interested to find out if He is there. We have taught him a few times and Ben came to church this week. He really liked it and he said he felt at home there. He got on great with all the members. Ben is working towards the 13th of February to be baptized. 
We are also working with a former named Mel. She has had some major issues with substance abuse. We went by and taught her how the Gospel helps us to have a new life. We spoke about the peace that comes when we live the gospel and the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. Sh loved it. She is working right now to be baptized on the 27th of February. She is really putting her trust in Heavenly Father and is trying so hard to use the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It will help her overcome her obstacles. Well as we were teaching her, her family came in and her neighbors. We taught them as well. They are all now wanting to know more and are working towards the 27th of February to be Baptized. Their names are KD, Dane, Kira, and Abbie. They are all so good and so friendly. I have really high hopes for them.
 
Well everyone.. I love you all and I am settling in well. I want you all to know that I know that this church is true. Being able to work with Mel has reminded me of the Atonement again and how powerful it is. I know that it works. I remember when I have been able to rely on Jesus Christ.  I know for a fact that Jesus Christ died for us and that he really loves us. That He knows what we are going through and will help us in every aspect of our lives if we will just trust Him and let Him take control. The Atonement is infinite. I love the Scriptures Alma 7:11-13
 
This is all true.
 
God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES

Love, Elder Tyler Rife
 

No comments:

Post a Comment