Saturday, February 6, 2016

What time is it?! - Monday, February 1, 2016

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family,

First off I can't believe Kinley, Mila, and Kylee put their hand in the same box as a spider. I really do not like spiders! They are very scary. You all are brave girls, I wish I was as brave as you. I am sorry to hear that they both have Chicken Pox. :( That is not very fun at all. Tanner congrats man. You are doing so good with swim. I am so happy for you! I don't think I will be able to beat you. Haha. Buddy all you gotta do now is put all the effort that you are putting in swim into preparing for a mission as well. Tanner, the mission is the best thing that you can do. You learn and grow so much. You have no idea how much I have grown. I have become a more of what Heavenly Father wants me to be and I know that my testimony has grown immensely. It is incredible. Every week it sounds like you are doing so well. I know that sometimes there are bumps in the road but I think that without the bumps life would not be interesting. So be grateful for the bumps and learn from them.

My week has been so good as well. It has been a pretty tough week, as far as learning. I have learned so much and have been stretched quite a bit. I just recognized it today during personal study but I know that I am still growing. Elder Miles and I are doing so many good things but first I want to tell you a funny story. So we share a flat with 2 other Elders (Stahle and Lui) They are great guys. Well anyway Elder Miles and I have to follow up with the Assistants every Sunday night about how the week has gone for the Zone. Normally we are up on Sunday until about 11 or 12 because of it. So we ended last night and it was about 11:45 pm. So we thought we would play a joke on the other elders. We set an alarm that would go off at about 11:47 pm. We got in bed and waited. Well it went off and we acted like it was half past 6 in the morning. We went out and pretended to exercise. Well Elder Stahle knew what was going on but we got Elder Lui to start preparing for the day. Eventually we couldn't stop laughing and told Elder Lui what time it was. He was like "Oh my gosh you guys, you are dumb" haha but he was laughing along as well. Oh goodness it was one of those things that you would have had to been there. It was great. I am learning but I don't think I have matured much! :)

We have been doing loads of finding. Who knew that you found in England as a missionary. Haha that is like the only thing that you do. I love finding though. It is so great. We found so many good people and loads of Polish people. We are now teaching a Polish family who are really nice. Their names are Alex, Anna, Maggie, and Daniel. They are amazing. They are Christian and go to another church but are really interested in reading the Book of Mormon and finding out if it is true. They said they really like that we are so "in" our religion. I assume it means like involved, or we have our roots deep. They really like that. They are great.

We are also working with Mel still. She is fantastic and doing amazing. She has come so far. She has such a great desire to get baptized and just wants to start over. She keeps saying that she wants to get baptized on the 27th of February but she doesn't think she will make it because of her drinking. So she started doing the ARP (Addiction Recovery Program) We told her that we would do it with her but she has done it on her own and has cut down dramatically on the drink. She has become a different person. She has a new found motivation for life and just beams with a happy countenance. It is so good. Her prays are just amazing as well. She sure has a desire to be baptized and have a new life. Her Daughter Kira also wants to be baptized because she sees that her Mum has changed so much because of it. They are so good.

Elder Miles and I had such a cool miracle this week. So we were knocking and not seeing too much success. We then got a referral and had a feeling to try by them. Well we figured out that she lived about a half hour car ride away. We still felt like we should go try by. So we went out. On the way we were thinking it is probably fake because her name is Sydnie Beever. We were just doubting. Well we decided to stop doubting and started describing how she would look. We said she would either be a young girl who is interested in the gospel or a middle aged woman who already has a belief in God. Well we got there and knocked on the door. A Young girl answered it with her Mum who already believes in God. We started talking to them. Sydnie the young girl said she just typed in "free stuff" on Google and Mormon.org came up. She ordered a Book of Mormon. So we were let in, gave her a Book of Mormon and started teaching them about the Book of Mormon. They were really interested and they said that they wanted to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it to see if it is true. We are seeing them on Friday again and we are going to invite them to be baptized. The spirit was so strong, I know that they felt something.

My week was really good and I was able to learn a lot about myself and how I can become better. I hope you all have a wonderful week as well. Let me know if you need anything.

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES
By the way the Provo Temple is Beautiful.

Love, Elder Tyler Rife
P.S. I can't figure out how to put pictures on this computer, it is a funny one. I will try and figure it out and send some.

 I can't get too frustrated with him for not sending any pictures....
He tried!!!  :) :) :)

Guess it makes me appreciate it even more when he does send pictures!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment