Monday, February 22, 2016

You are probably tired of hearing from me!

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family,

Dad congrats of finishing the puzzle. I talk about you and building your puzzle with investigators. To flaunt my family as well as to teach the principle of enduring to the end and how it may be hard. You can't see the whole picture, you may not know what pieces to use at first but as you keep trying.. keep enduring... it gets more rewarding. That doesn't mean that you won't run into problems but it means that you start to see the bigger plan that Heavenly Father has for us. I will still worry about Grandma. That is just who I am. I get that from Mum I think. I hope she is okay. I know that Heavenly Father will bless her. She still has a great work to do. Sounds like everyone is super busy with life. Ken don't worry, you are critiquing your presentation probably worse than they are. Well suits are cheaper here than they are in America. A quality suit is about £120, I don't know what that is in dollars. I could probably find a discounted one though. My suits are getting holes in them and they are very very discoloured which I don't think shows that I am a very good representative of Christ. Don't rush about getting the money in I can make the suits last for a bit longer. It is amazing how knackered they have got though. haha. Well I have some good news for you all!!!!! Ready for it...I don't know it is pretty crazy. Alright I will just tell you because I can't drag it out. I was accepted to BYU for the Fall 2016 semester!!! :) Now what do I do? haha.

The week has been good. Zone Conference was an inspiration and I was able to see where I need to improve and make some goals to be better. I am excited for the coming weeks.

Oh my, Mel she is just amazing. So she unfortunately won't make her day for Baptism on the 27th because she relapsed but she has taken some major steps forward. I am amazed at it. So we had a feeling to go by. Well she was really depressed and was about ready to give up on everything. She was very drunk but because she is so use to the drink she knew what she was saying and thinking. (She told us the next day all that we said.) So when we went over she had all these concerns and was like "Its not true. What if Joseph Smith is a "liar"? and Why drink? Why tea and coffee?"  We kept resolving her concerns and she kept trying to come up with all these other concerns. Well finally we just said, "Mel do you believe that The Book of Mormon is True and that this church is True?" She paused for a long time and just looked at us. She then said, "yes I do". We explained to her that nothing else matters. She opened up to us loads about how she gets down when she messes up and how she doesn't think that Heavenly Father could love her anymore. We taught her about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how no matter what Heavenly Father will always love her. We invited her to meaningfully pray before she goes to bed. She accepted it. Well the next day she said that last night was the first night that she actually prayed with all her heart and she said that she knew she was talking to Heavenly Father. From that point forward her whole countenance has changed. She knows that she will be able to stop the drink and that Heavenly Father really does listen to her. This is all because she decided to put her complete trust in Heavenly Father. She has taken a huge leap of faith and is trusting completely and fully in His grace and mercy. Mel knows that this is true and she is working so hard to stop drinking so she can get baptized. I am so excited for her.

We also are teaching a few lads named Ben and Ethan. Well we were considering "dropping" them because they weren't keeping any commitments at the time. We went by and taught about the Book of Mormon and how important it is. We read from the Book of Mormon and discussed what the chapter was about. We then were talking and Ethan told us loads of things that have happened in his life and said that he has a hard time trusting because of what happened, but that he wants to find his right "path". He then said when he is around us and sees us, he feels something different (the Holy Ghost) and told us that he wants to serve a mission because it seems like it has helped us so much (which it has) he said that he just wants direction in his life but has a hard time having faith. So we gave him Alma 32 to read and told him to pray intently and ask Heavenly Father if He is there. So we are praying that he does it. We will then schedule him for the 19th of March.

So many other things have been happening but seeing as you are all probably tired of hearing me I will end now. But I want you to all know that prayer is powerful and if we ask with a sincere heart and real intent what is right, Heavenly Father will answer us. It is so simple and yet somehow we make it complicated. Prayers are answered and Heavenly Father does love us no matter who we are or what we have done. I love you all and hope all goes well.

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES.

Sincerely, Elder Tyler Rife


Elder Rife and Elder Price
"Elder Price is one of the most humble and Christlike people ever. He is going home this transfer."

"Sunday Selfie"
I see pictures like these and I think to myself...that boy hasn't changed a bit!!! :)
Ohhh How I LOVE him!

No comments:

Post a Comment