Friday, March 4, 2016

On the road again part 2 - Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Hiya, Mum, Dad, and Family,

Thank you for all the lovely notes that you all emailed me. It was really nice to hear from you all. I am so thankful for the support you give me and the love you show me. Because of your examples to me I am here. Thank you. I am glad to hear that Grandma is doing better and that she still has the same wonderful personality. Grandma you better let us help you though!! Ky I can't believe you are getting so old. I know your testimony helped many of those primary children and the adults there. You will be a wonderful missionary. Thank you for putting some money in. I will pay it back, no questions asked! Elder Miles is from North Salt Lake. I don't know what ward he is in though. He will be home but doesn't speak for a few weeks. He is a great missionary.

Well I've packed my bags and I'm off again. Another 6 week area. President has asked me to train another missionary in York. I will be white washing and he has also called me to be District Leader again. Sometimes I question Presidents judgement. Haha. Just kidding. I am thankful for Presidents trust in me. I hope I will do a good job. I don't know what the new address is. Sorry Kyns I know you sent something but it might take longer for it to get to me. I am very excited to serve in York stake again. It is such a great place. I meet my new companion tomorrow.

President always moves me out when we are seeing loads of success haha I guess all I am supposed to do is plant seeds. We have had loads of miracles this week it is incredible. The first was amazing. So we went to church and we met Mel there. She was so happy to be at church. She loves the feelings she gets when she goes. She also brought her daughter and daughter's friend. They really loved it as well. Then Joel showed up (I will talk about him later) He has been for the past few weeks but we were just barely able to start teaching him. Ben and Ethan suddenly walked through the doors. The meeting was just about to start and then Alex, Anna, Maggie, and Daniel walked through the doors. My face lit up. People probably thought something was wrong with me I was so happy. It was amazing to have so many people at church. I was very excited. They all really enjoyed it.

Well Mel she is just doing fantastic. Not much has changed but she is so excited for this "On Track" program that she is starting today. It will help her quit drinking within about 6 weeks. She has expressed to us that she has almost given into other temptations but has been able to withstand them. Mel knows that the church is true. I can't wait to see her 5 years from now and see the light radiating off of her. I know that the experiences that she is going through are preparing her for future responsibilities, to help others with the same struggles.

Joel is a grandson of a member. He had been taught before and then lost interest. He has come to church the past few weeks and has really enjoyed it. We spoke to him, he expressed to us that he loves science. So we told him about this cool experiment that we have for him. His eyes lit up. We taught him later about the Book of Mormon and how we can from reading and praying come to a conclusion that the church is true and that it will make him happy. He loved the analogy and then we gave him a data sheet to help him take notes of his observations and experiences. He is really looking forward to finding out. If he finds out he will be baptized on March 26th.

We saw many other miracles, especially in our finding. We knocked into this guy who has loads of issues. We told him that we wanted to help him paint his house. So he said we could. His name is Craig. Well Craig doesn't believe in God. Although he told us that he wants a change in his life. He is happy but just wants to get out of the situations he is in. So we told him about the Plan of Happiness and how it is a plan that God has given to us, to help us have joy and then one day live in His presence again. He said he still doesn't believe but then said "your story is the first story that actually makes sense, I will test this God thing out" He is working towards baptism for March 26th.

We also knocked into Shelagh (she is of Irish decent, hence her name) She is very Catholic and told us that we would never convert her. We just talked and then taught her about Joseph Smith and where the Book of Mormon comes from and then how it helps us. She said she wants to read it and find out more. We invited her to ask in prayer if it is true. She said that she would and then we invited her to be baptized on March 26th if she found out. She told us that she didn't know if she would get an answer but she will listen. We then said a prayer. At the end she broke down in tears and told us that nobody has ever prayed for her. She thanked us and then we left. When we went back she told us that she read the Book of Mormon and felt really comforted and said she maybe was starting a new path. Shelagh is such a lovely lady.

Many things have been happening and although I won't be able to see the harvest I know that I have been able to plant seeds and bear testimony to many people. Miracles happen, The church is true, and the Book is blue. I love this gospel.

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES.

Sincerely, Elder Tyler Rife

No comments:

Post a Comment