Sunday, July 31, 2016

I believe in Miracles - Monday, July 25, 2016



Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family,

Did Tanner's Eagle project go well? I forgot to tell you last week that Elder Cottrell and I are safe from everything that is going on. I will try to explain what Elder Cottrell does, It is better with actions and in person: "We are told in the white handbook to keep a bit of something to give to thieves" He then puts his hand in his pocket and then pulls out his fist. We will just beat em' up. Okay okay I am totally kidding. But in all seriousness, we are safe don't worry. I am so excited that you guys enjoyed the visit from the Williams. They came earlier than I thought. That red binder is a bunch of papers and notes and trinkets that I have acquired over the past. They are pretty cool. You are more than welcome to go through them, you might get a little taste of what has happened on the mission.

This week we have had many miracles again. I have been blessed to be apart of so many miracles throughout the Mission. I have learned so much from them and they are experiences that will be with me the rest of my life.

Joel is doing great. He is just diving into things. This past week we were able to talk to him about the Aaronic Priesthood a bit more. We talked to him about how he will have the opportunity to serve others and have the responsibility to hold this Priesthood as he is worthy. He feels as though this will be his way of doing missionary work and being able to help others, especially those who's testimonies may be weak. He will have an interview with Bishop this coming week and will receive the Priesthood next week. 

I can't remember if I told you about Ken. Well we found Ken just street contacting. He lives in the same block of flats as Karleen and Joel and many of our investigators. This block of flats was a jack pot. Well Ken is a character. He laughs at everything. Seriously, you say hello and he laughs. Well we were able to teach him the Restoration and he accepted everything. He said that he loves reading and wants to read the Book of Mormon. We explained to him that in order to find out if it is true he has to pray about it. He said that he would and that as he finds out the truth of it he will get baptized. 

Another miracle. We had some lessons cancel with us, so we decided to go by a referral that we got a few days ago. His name is Josh. Josh is 18 years old and he is really open minded. He told us that he went to the Mormon church when he was little. We taught him about Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the Gospel and the spirit was really strong. He asked us how prophets are called and how we know that there is a prophet. We explained to him that God calls prophets and he gives them the priesthood. We then told him that the way to find out is through reading the Book of Mormon and praying. We were about to explain the feelings of the spirit and he then asked us about how we receive answers and we were able to explain to him about the Holy Ghost. He was so intrigued and he was really willing to read and pray. We are seeing him tomorrow. We scheduled him for baptism for the 13th of August.

Aimee is doing pretty good. We haven't been able to see her lately because she has been on holiday but she has told us that she knows it is all true and that she wants to get baptized. We are seeing so many miracles. Too many to count. I wish I could tell you of all of them. I am so grateful again that I have been able to participate in this great work and that I have been able to see Heavenly Father's hand working in my life and in the life of many others. This is all true.

I love you all and hope all is well with you.

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES.

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

Sunday Selfie! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment