Monday, July 11, 2016

The unpredicted Miracle

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family,

Well it is pretty crazy that this is my last transfer and it was definitely weird seeing my flight itinerary. This is a bitter sweet moment. I am excited to see my family but sad to leave (my) this great land of Britain! :) :( Well it seems every week I say another week of partying for the Rife family! Haha. It seems to me that you had a wonderful week. Nick is there anything that I can do for you? Thank you all for the Birthday wishes and cards. I really enjoyed getting them. President and Sister Turvey are great aren't they! I love em to death. It is great to hear Zac is back. His family is probably so excited. Austin sent a picture over and Zac looks great. Thank you for finding out those few questions. It is weird but now I can let my mind rest. Haha. I don't feel stressed about it anymore. Thank you for always being willing to help me out!

This week has been a week of miracles. But we actually had an un-predicted miracle. It was so amazing. So Joel is getting baptized on the 16th of July!! :) I was really bad because at the beginning when we first started teaching him I didn't really have the faith. Not because I didn't think he could make the date but because I didn't think he was sincere about it. So we met Joel knocking. He told us that we could come back. So we did. We didn't think that he was going to be in. But he was. We taught him about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He accepted everything. He had all the right answers. He has a great love for Heavenly Father. Anyway, we continued to teach him. We taught him all the lessons, and he said he even read to Jacob. Well that really surprised us. So we invited him to church. We decided that this is what was going to be the deal breaker. If Joel comes to church than we know that he is serious about this all. Well 2 Sundays ago he showed up to church. He loved it and said that everything just makes sense. We asked him if he is still looking forward to his baptism and he said yes. He said he is a bit nervous but he knows it is something that he needs to do. He said that he likes it because he is deciding for himself if these things are true. Joel looks the part as well. The first Sunday he showed up in a suit and stayed all 3 hours which isn't typical in England. It was great. We are really looking forward to Joel's baptism. We have a lot to plan for but we are super excited. The ward is very excited as well because they haven't had a convert baptism for almost over a year.
 
We also were able to get in contact with Karleen. We lost contact with her for a while. Then we just saw her on the street. She explained to us that she felt bad that she didn't come to church last week and so that is why she didn't answer her door. We went by and had a good chat with her. We just talked to her about how we are here to help her come closer to Christ. We told her that we will guide her down this path so that she can stop smoking and so that she will be able to get baptized. She told us that she is really happy and excited again. We are seeing her this evening.

We contacted Aimee again. We didn't think Aimee wanted to learn anymore, but on Tuesday a member rang us and told us that we were teaching her that evening. So we went to the church and taught Aimee. We discussed baptism and what it is. We also discussed how conversion is a process. We helped her understand that we will not know everything but that we learn over time. She told us that she received an answer and that she believes the church is true. At that point we asked her what she feels she needs to do next. She told us that she still wants to get baptized. So that is what we are working towards next. We are hopefully seeing her on Tuesday again.

We are seeing so many other miracles. Too many to speak of. I feel I have been very blessed over the past two years. I have been able to bear testimony to many many people. Which has made it so my testimony grows. I truly know that this church is true, and nothing is going to make me deny it. I also have learned that each of us go though trials. I haven't had the easiest of times but I have learned that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are there right next to me. I am so grateful for that. I am not perfect at all, but I hope that one day I will be able to "feast at the Lords table" as dad would put it. I am grateful for the gospel and I am also grateful for all of you, especially my family, who have helped me and supported me through the mission but specifically through my life. I love you all and hope you are well.

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES.

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

Sorry no pictures. :( I forgot my camera cord. oops

Tyler didn't send any pictures but THANK GOODNESS his new mission president did!!!! :)
Elder Rife with President & Sister Turvey

No comments:

Post a Comment