Monday, July 18, 2016

The deed was done. :)

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family,

First off before I forget, there is a young man serving in the Huddersfield zone called Elder Nielson. He is from Nephi. Well I got talking to him and asked if he knew Aunt Ilene and Doug. Well its a small world because he does know them. His father mows Aunt Ilene's Lawn I think. I will have to get a picture with him and send it home so Aunt Ilene can show his family. He is a great lad and such a hard worker. Also you will be getting a surprise probably on the 30th of July. I am not going to tell you what it is though! Haha! :) you will have to wait and see, but if I were you I would make sure you guys are in....and don't worry I am not coming home early, it is a different surprise. Tanner I knew you always loved me! Haha that is funny. Tanner you are a character.

This week has been so good. We have had many miracles and I have again learned so much. I can't believe how much I learn each week. Also lately I have been feeling as though I have very little time but I want to do as much as I can in the little time that I have.

Joel Wills was baptized on July 16, 2016. It was such an amazing thing to see. Joel has been so willing to keep all the commitments that we have extended to him. I have been so impressed by his faith that he has shown. He believes that it is all true and feels as though he will be able to make a difference in others lives with his conversion story. He sometimes tells us that he wishes he was born into the church so he didn't have to go through some of the things that he did but then he says that he knows that it is okay because he has had certain experiences which he might be able to share with others who are struggling with their faith. Joel is such a great guy. We were able to get so many of the members involved as well. I wish there was a way to thank all of them personally for all the things that they do for us and for the Lord.

We had a pretty interesting miracle with Karleen. So we went to see Karleen but she was sick. She was very very sick and couldn't see us. Well a few days later she explained to us that she hasn't been able to pick up a cig because they just make her feel even more sick. We then told her that maybe it is Heavenly Fathers way of helping her quit smoking. She said that that was exactly what she was thinking. She is going to stop smoking this week and we hope that from that point on we will be able to help her towards baptism again.

We also got in contact with Aimee. We taught her and a less active called Anabelle. Normally we teach both of them together. Well we have been at a loss of what to teach for the past few times, because we have basically taught everything. Well we felt inspired to teach about the Atonement and show the "Because of Him" Mormon message. This was one of the greatest lessons we had. Aimee opened up a lot and shared some very personal experiences with us. She told us that she knows that the church is true and that she still wants to get baptized. We rescheduled her for August 6, 2016. There are still just a few things that we have to go over and do before she gets baptized, but we are hoping that we will be able to move her baptism forward. Also another miracle with Anabelle. She has been struggling with reading her scriptures, and after we had the lesson on the Atonement the next lesson we had she had pulled her quad out and shared her favorite scripture with us. I just thought that is was really cool.

So we were at a ward activity but decided to leave early. It was definitely inspired though because we felt that we needed to go by some investigators called Veronica and Luke. We went by and it was a good thing because they have been struggling a lot lately. We listened to them and then explained to them that the Gospel of Jesus Christ blesses family relationships and that if they trust us and more importantly trust in Heavenly Father they will be able to overcome these hurdles and they will start to feel more happiness. We committed them to meeting with us more often and reading the scriptures and praying together.

Carol and Thomas are so good as well. They take everything in that we teach them and they really enjoy it. Carol is working on quitting smoking and she really wants to. Well they weren't able to come to church yesterday due to other plans but we invited them to go to a little fireside the Stake President was doing. They came and had a great time. They don't really get out much, but they later texted us and told us that they had such a great night and were grateful for it. I feel as though the gospel blesses people in many many different ways.

There are so many other miracles. But some things that I learned was that first off like I stated before, the Gospel blesses us in many different ways. It blesses individuals. We just have to be willing to learn in and then live it. Also I learned personally that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are always there. I know I talk about this a lot. I was looking back and I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have helped me and my companions and investigators and many other people through so much. I don't think anything is possible without them. I am so thankful for this gospel. I love you all and hope you are well.

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES

Love, Elder Tyler Rife



Joel's Baptism 7/16/16

'Everyone knows about my favourite place!"
I'm glad he still LOVES Utah!

Tyler has been spelling some of his words incorrectly (according to us) and I've been correcting them in his blog posts ...I'm thinking it is the "England way" of spelling words!  Today, with this picture above I decided to leave it the way he had spelled it so that in years to come we would be reminded of this! :) 


We have watched as Tyler's name has slowly moved up on this list over the past two years!  At times I wondered if this day would EVER come that his name would be at the TOP!!! 
With one of his good friends, Zac Jarman returning home from his mission on the 5th of July...it FINALLY happened!  :)

I decided to add the whole picture of the missionaries serving from our ward right now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment