Monday, November 10, 2014

43 sleeps till Christmas...WHAT?!?!?!

Pillow...I mean Yellow...ah HELLO!!!

So England of course doesn't have Thanksgiving, so they are already getting ready for Christmas...WHAT! I walked into the store and there were Christmas things up and on the Christmas tree it said 43 sleeps till Christmas!!! Woah there calm down England, Christmas isn't for another 2 months! That was a surprise for me! 

This is probably going to be a short one this week! So I apologize in advance. 
Quite a few things happened this week that made the week really good! First off we were able to see way more people than last week. That is always good. 

Drew-I think I have told you about Drew and Robyn. They are atheist...when I say atheist, I mean HARD CORE atheist! They rely and only believe in science. Very nice people but annoying when it comes to intellectual things because it is just way over my head! We have been teaching them and finally Drew has opened up. He is willing and wants to know if what we say is true, so he showed up to church and told us that he had a lot of preconceptions of the church worked out. He has been reading the Book of Mormon and has been praying. He really is trying. I am confident that he will come around soon. He will receive an answer. 

Caroline and her family- We met Caroline in the pouring rain while knocking...I think I told you how we met them. Well we have been going by ever since and she just loves us, as well as her kids! We went over and had a family home evening with them ( there are pictures attached). We played minute to win it games and had a blast! We then started talking about families and being together forever and how it is the most important social unit that God has given us. We talked for about a half hour about families. At the end we scheduled them to be baptized on November 21st. They told us that they would pray about it to make sure that it is right. The kids want to be baptized, but Caroline is having a hard time believing that she has a loving Heavenly Father. We went over on Sunday as well and talked to them about Heavenly Father and Charlie (he is 8 and is reading the Book of Mormon) said that he believes it and is being 100% honest about it! I'm excited for them and hoping that they will make it! 

Well many other crazy miracles happened this week but I will leave it at that. "And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do" 1 Nephi 4:6 I like this scripture a lot. There are many times that I don't know what to do, I don't know if it is the spirit guiding me or if it is just me or what. It can be hard for me to discern. I never know what to do, but then I came across this scripture and I thought man I am an idiot, it was kind of a slap to the face in a sense because we don't need to know, isn't that why we are here on earth? We chose to come and leave behind the knowledge we once had. We chose to walk by faith. I chose that and so why am I worrying. The Spirit will guide us, as long as we are worthy of it. We just have to be willing to take a leap of faith, willing to take reasonable risks, that is when the Lord will guide us, when we trust in Him that if we jump he will be there to catch us. So today and this week lets all rely on the Spirit. Keep in mind that we don't know everything, Keep in mind that as we learn from mistakes and we come unto Christ, we can be perfected in him. Remember this quote "paths are made not by waiting....but by walking on them" 

Until next week. God be with you. On our way. #10sof1000s. We all wear the name of Christ on our hearts, we represent Him. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife. 


Dear Mom, Dad, Grandma, Katelin, Nick, Kynsie, Kendra, Tanner, Kylee, Kinley, Mila, and Maddie, and anybody else that may be joining our family in the near future...cough cough ????? cough, sorry I had something caught in my throat, 

Well first off before I forget, I need you to go to missionary.lds.org and sign into my account and put my social security number in. It is probably bad that I forgot my social security number, but whatever! I am in the Leeds 5th branch. I think London is like 2 hours away from Leeds....I don't really know! Um I can't remember if I told you this already but friends can email me! It sounds like you all had a crazy week and very productive. Tanner how are you doing in swim? Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday dear Mila, Happy Birthday to you!!! :) You probably will be getting a birthday card pretty soon!! ;) Just out of pure curiosity...I need the dirty details about blank?  who is he? whats going on? I'm probably weeks behind on the gossip! What do you all want for Christmas, I need to get it off soon!? How is everything going? Sorry my emails haven't been too long the past couple of weeks! I will try to add more! How are Matt and Austin? and everyone else? How are you guys doing? I love you guys and miss you!! P.S. Janine is going to be emailing you soon. She asked for your email...I hope that is okay!  Well I love you all and will be sending letters! They are all random but, letters will come! If you need anything let me know, I will do absolutely anything for you all! :) Love you. God be with you. We are on our way. We wear the name of Christ on our hearts! #10sof1000s. I hope all is well. 

Love, Ty-dye

P.S. that is me and my cup o' Joe (aka Hot Chocolate) it was freezing that day but I was just wearing a scarf and gloves! :)

Playing Minute to Win It games for FHE
having a blast!  :)

Sounds like this is a new found friend of Tyler's!  
 "my cup o' Joe"

No comments:

Post a Comment