Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Happy Halloween - November 3, 2014

Good Morning, 

Sounds like everyone has been having a very eventful week. I hope Halloween was AWESOME! Wanna know something weird...well i'm gonna tell you anyway! Nobody really celebrates Halloween over here. There was nobody out, we got one knock on our door for trick or treaters! Which in a way was good because we forgot to buy sweets, so when they knocked I was frantically trying to find something that wasn't open or healthy! We ended up giving the little kid a half melted lindor chocolate that was sent in the mail from Elder Ferguson's family that he left at the flat. But all in all it was a Happy Halloween. 

Not much has gone on this week. It has actually been very slow. The slowest week that I have every had. We did quite a bit of service and saw maybe 3 people. Many people flogged us or couldn't talk at the time. I felt useless like I was just wandering around being a waster! But hopefully this week goes a little better. 

My new companion is Elder White, he has been out for a little over a year. He is from Roosevelt Utah. That's all. He is pretty cool, but I don't think anything will beat Elder Ferguson. 

Alright well I carved a pumpkin on Halloween. That was fun. There really isn't much that happened this week. But I will think of something. 

Ok so one night we went to see a lady and her family but she flogged and I had no idea what to do. We decided to walk towards a potentials house and I was just hoping that someone would be in. We were walking and I said hello to a man. He said hello back and we kept walking. I then was thinking to myself that I know that guy. I have seen him somewhere before. So I turned to Elder White and said lets go back. So we went back and I said I knew him from somewhere. He said his name was Mark and he is a less active. We have seen each other on the bus. We then talked for about an hour and in the end he said "I'm glad you had the guts to come back and talk because I really wasn't having a good day, and now I feel better" We found out where he lived and we are going to go by and see him this week. That was probably the highlight of the week. 


I really like that quote "an arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming." This week has been crazy and stressful, honestly I didn't  know what I was doing all week and I was just hoping for the best. I was thinking why is this happening, why are people flogging us, why do I feel so useless. But from what that quote says, hard things will happen, this life is going to drag you down and it will be hard, but as you learn and grow from the weaknesses and trials that you face you will be able to fly great distances, further than you might imagine. It also reminds me of the quote by Rocky Balboa; "life will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it, but it is not about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward, that is how winning is done." We are supposed to endure to the end, but we aren't enduring if we aren't going through difficult things, if we aren't experiencing anything that will try our faith and righteousness. Enduring to the end is when life throws temptation, trials, afflictions, and we are able to keep moving forward, we are always having faith in Jesus Christ, always repenting, always renewing our baptismal covenants, always being worthy of the Holy Ghost. That is enduring to the end. When you have tried your hardest, but you still go a little further than possible. When at that point that you feel like giving up, you then turn and rely on Jesus Christ our Savior, our Redeemer. No matter how hard things get you will never be alone, nor forgotten, because Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will always be there. 3 Nephi 22:7-8 "For a small moment have I forsaken thee, but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment, but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer." He will always be there. 

God be with you. We are on our way. #10sof1000s. Remember we all wear the name of Christ on our hearts. 

Pictures:
My new car...I wish
Pirate Pumpkin

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

Dear Family, 

OUCH!!! I'm sorry to hear about Tanners toe! that looks like it hurts, as well as Dad's tooth. Have you figured anything out to make them better? How is Grandma doing? I have been thinking about her. Halloween looked fun. You all have amazing costumes! Guess what I dressed up as? come on guess.....A MISSIONARY!!! What was that missionary thinking?  Don't worry I am well behaved. All because I was taught well by all you. I hope you are all doing awesome!! I would love some letters! ;) ;) but you really don't have to send them. Speaking of letters, i'm sorry I wasn't able to send any last week. I ran out of time. But i'm making sure to get some off to you this week. I hope you can forgive me for that. For the email thing. Anyone can email me. I did get Matt, Austin, Isaac, and Kelly's letters! :) it made me very happy. I'm glad they still visit you even though i'm gone. As far as Christmas. I don't need anything, except if you would like you can send a couple of Old Spice Aqua reef deodorant sticks. They don't sell deodorant sticks over here! But other than that I'm happy with letters! What would you guys like for Christmas? I love you all and I love getting your emails and letters! Janine may becoming to Utah during general conference and she is going to come visit you! You will love her! Have a fantastic week. Until next time. God be with you! On our way. We bear the name of Christ on our hearts. #10sof1000s. Love you all

Love, Ty-dye

"My new car....I wish!"  
Tyler has always thought cool cars were the in thing!  :)

Tyler's Pirate Pumpkin
Happy Halloween from England


No comments:

Post a Comment