Monday, November 24, 2014

WHERE DID THE WEEK GO!!!

Dear everyone who cares to tolerate my very unorganized letters, :)

Oh my it just seems like yesterday I was writing home, it also just seems like yesterday that transfers started and now they are over in a week! What the heck, where did the time go!? To answer your question about my companion. Elder Sim was my temporary companion for 3 days and then Elder White is now my companion. I don't know if he will get transferred again or not. Transfers are the 3rd of December. Thank you so much for the package, unfortunately I will not know if I have gotten it until like a week before Christmas. The mission throws a Christmas party, and they said that is where we will get our Christmas packages! But I'm very excited to get it! :) I'm sending you one as well, it is not very big but I decided to send a little bit of England back home to you! :) YOU CAN'T OPEN IT UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!! :) haha I'm going to torture you! Speaking of Christmas, we get to skype but I don't know the full details yet....so yeah! 

Well this week has gone by soooooooo dang fast! It has also been a very interesting week. Every single day we have had a meeting and the doctors. I had to go to the doctor to refill my prescription because it was American..Dang yanks (thats what English people call Americans) I get called it quite a bit! But although it has been weird it has been very productive!! Which is good. 

We were able to teach a new investigator named Sarah. She seems like she is really interested. I'm so embarrassed though. You can't make fun of me when I say this. We were teaching her the first lesson, and I started talking about Joseph Smith...well of course I have James 1:5 and the first vision memorized. So I said Joseph Smith read James 1:5 and it says "if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given him" and then I went on, well I then said Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. My first thought was let her read the first vision out loud...and then I was prideful...so I started saying it, but instead of me saying the first vision I started saying James 1:5! I realized what I was doing half way through...well I'm going to stop there. Luckily I was saved by my companion. Don't worry even though I messed up she is still interested. Goes to show you listen to the spirit or he will definitely embarrass you bad and will never let you forget it. Oh my! It was a good learning experience. 

Sol and Macy are going through a rough time right now, but I know that it is because Heavenly Father is preparing them for something greater. Sol needs this, he has been relying more on Heavenly Father and has been having more faith. But it is really hard for me to watch them go through this.  Please keep them in your prayers that everything will work out according to Gods will.

Well Lots of miracles have happened this week and I can see the Lords hand in everything that we have been doing. It is truly a blessing to be a missionary and I hope and pray everyday that I will become better and rely on the Lord more fully. 

I love you all and pray for the best. Keep moving forward. Always rely on the Lord and remember that He is always there even when it feels like you are alone. God be with you until we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. We all wear the name of Christ on our hearts. 

Oh yeah we were knocking and we knocked Cruella's house and got a picture with her car! :)

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

Dear Family, 

I basically told you everything in the email! I'm glad to hear you are all doing so well and having fun! Watch out for a package coming your way! remember DON'T OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!! hahahaha :) I love you all! Thank you for all you do! I am enjoying the pictures! :)

In front of Cruella's De Vil's car!!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment