Monday, March 16, 2015

Hallelujah!!!

Hello mum, dad, and everyone

Rise and shout the cougars are out!! Sounds like BYU is doing really good! I will be excited to hear what happens next! Oh wow Dad, impressive...you have been asked to be the scoutmaster for the stake! I know you will do a good job! Are you going up to Timberline as well? I hope I can still be apart of Timberline and scouting because it truly is such a good experience and boys learn how to become men. It is the best preparation to a mission I would say, because first you are learning to take care of yourself and then others and that is how it is sorta on a mission. You learn of Christ and then you share it with others! I don't know if that made sense but it did in my head. Tan tan, you are going to grow mold in your room if you aren't careful!! I am glad to also hear that you got your grades up! Kenny, your a big girl now! haha :) Are you excited to be a vampire? And wow Kynsie I hope I get to see some pictures of your portfolio, it sounds like a master piece. Wow so many things are going on at home, everyone it sounds like is having so much success!! I am glad to hear it! :)

We have also had quite a bit of success out here across the big blue in England Leeds! Except it didn't start out that way. The week started with Elder Barendse and I going by potential investigators who said they would be in but turned out they flogged us! NOBODY WAS IN! I was honestly getting discouraged. I couldn't figure out why this was happening. I was thinking these people seemed so solid and they said to come by that they wanted to learn more. We just kept contacting people and trying to find people. Well I then read in the scriptures Mosiah 2:41 and this is what it says: "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God.  For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual, and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness.  O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."  

Well for some reason this scripture hit me and honestly I don't really know why! I read "consider the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments" and I thought, well I am happy, I am trying my hardest and so I decided to look at all the blessings that I have received this week. I then read "if they hold out faithful to the end" I decided that I needed to be patient (which I have been trying to work on for a very long time, but not getting too far) I thought I am doing all I can and if I hold out faithful, if I do the thing that we teach and that is endure to the end, I will be happy and no matter what blessing will come temporally and spiritually. So I decided to change my attitude. I was being kind of negative and getting down on myself, so I thought no matter what I am going to be happy, I am going to work hard and I know that if I hold out faithful we will be blessed. Well for the next couple of days nothing really happened. We found and found and found. Then we contacted two girls (Becca and Poppy) They started talking to us and we found out Poppy is a grand-daughter of a member, and Becca is her friend. Well we then invited them to a branch activity that we were hosting to help missionary work. 5 minutes before this activity started nobody was there....I got discouraged again and I just kept praying people would turn up. Well 5 minutes after it was supposed to start about 15-20 people showed up, 2 of them being Becca and Poppy. :) WOW what a miracle. We then invited them to come to church on Sunday and they came. We decided to teach them the Restoration and we were prompted to invite and schedule them for baptism! They accepted and are really excited to prepare themselves to be baptized!

Well that was a long story I know but from it I learned that Heavenly Father blesses us as we are faithful and obedient. But it will always be in his time not ours. Miracles are happening in little old Brid. Love you all and hope you are all doing well!
God be with you until we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. We are representatives of Jesus Christ.

Love, Elder Tyler Rife


Darn....No pictures again this week!
Last week Tyler said he would send some this week but NOPE!!!
Hopefully we will get some next email!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment