Monday, July 6, 2015

WOW what a week!

Dear Mum, Dad, and Family, 

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!! I definitely celebrated it on Saturday with a red white and blue striped tie!! :) It was a good day. And thank you all for the Birthday wishes. It really was a good day. Caroline and her family did a BBQ for her birthday and mine! So it was a good day. I don't feel any older though. I did get the package you all sent me and thank you so much for it. You are all so amazing. Thanks for everything. Dad you really shouldn't be smoking!! D&C 89....just kidding ;). I am glad you are enjoying your smoker! Tanner you are so old...you have your permit already!!! Oh my goodness, where does time fly. I miss you buddy. 

Well to start out the week I guess...It has been a pretty hectic week to be honest, but no matter, good things are happening. We started out the week teaching a man by the name of Connor. We found him with my rubiks cube and asked him if we could teach him with it. He agreed. Well I would say that the lesson was probably one of the best lessons that I have ever been able to participate in. We started out with a prayer and then we were getting to know him and his background, which then lead us to teach about the Plan of Salvation. We talked, and testified, and the spirit taught. Well at the end we felt prompted to invite him to be baptized. He wasn't too bothered at first, probably a bit scared but then after testifying to him of the truthfulness of the gospel he accepted the invitation to be baptized and he promised he would read the Book of Mormon and Pray about it. Well he prayed at the end and it was such a beautiful prayer. You could really tell that he had a great desire to find out if God was there. It was such a wonderful lesson. So he left and I let him borrow my Rubiks cube to practice it and we told him we would teach him how to do it as well as teach him with it. Anyway after the lesson Elder Pryor and I were in awe. The spirit was so strong and we felt so amazing. Well sometimes unfortunately good things don't always last as long as we expect. We saw Connor a few days later and went up to talk to him and he wouldn't talk to us. So we asked if he still wanted to learn and he told us no. I asked for my rubiks cube and he ran off. Haha well it isn't everyday you get stolen from! haha but on a serious note...I don't think one bit that it was a waste of time. I think we were able to help him. He may not accept what we told him now, or whatever, but eventually he will come to know that it is true and hopefully in the future he will ask for missionaries again and he will see the blessings of the gospel come into his life. 

We also taught Jodie and Sinead. We were talking to them about baptism again and how they have felt while learning. They say they love it and feel really good. But in the end they decided that they want to wait for a year to get baptized, so Sinead's dad can come. Although it is sad because we won't be able to see it happen, I know that it will be good. They are still going to come to church and what not but in the next year their testimonies will grow so much. After we were walking home and we got called false prophets and got a death threat! haha well that doesn't happen everyday. I love it here in beautiful little Bridlington, teaching the gospel and seeing my testimony as well as others grow. I hope you are all well and that you have a wonderful week. 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

Sorry, I will send pictures next week. 


Since Tyler didn't send any pictures this week (DARN!) ...I decided to add one of my own!  

My Little Firecracker!  :)
Since it was Tyler's 19th birthday yesterday...July 5th...I posted this on fb.
 
I definitely LOVE this boy!  
I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to be his mother.  
He has been a joy to have in our home and a part of our family for the past 19 years.
Now he is blessing our family by his service as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 
and I'm grateful for his decision to do so.  
We miss him...
but LOVE to hear of his experiences in England and see how his testimony of the gospel is growing stronger each day as he serves. 

This is from earlier in his mission but is one of my favorites! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment