Monday, October 12, 2015

More to learn

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family!

I always love hearing about what is happening at home! Everyone seems to be having a good time and loving life. I am glad to hear that BYU won and Provo High won. That stinks that Tanner Magnum pulled his hamstring. Do they have a good back up? Well this email will unfortunately be probably a bit short. By the way I got Mum and Dads letters. Thanks so much. I am still waiting on Tanners. I will send letters this week! Sorry I have been bad at it again. I will write to Mrs. Drake as well. That is so sad to hear. 

As for our week we are doing so much. we are still teaching quite a bit. But some people have dropped us. It is sad but hopefully they will someday want missionaries back. We are teaching Stacey still. It is funny because I haven't actually had a chance to teach her for like 2 weeks. I have been on exchange every time we are about to teach her! But from what I know she is still wanting to be baptized. She expressed some concerns this week about not being ready for baptism but I know that as we rely on Heavenly Father we will be able to resolve her concerns and she, if it is Heavenly Fathers will, will be baptized on the 24th of October. She is really cool and says that she feels good when she comes to church, and when she reads and prays. She feels at peace. Well that is obviously the Holy Ghost. I think she is just scared to make the step towards baptism. But I know that eventually she will be baptized. 

I told you about Talia last week. She is really cool. She has had some issues with the law so she can't be baptized yet but she is working towards it. We met her through another investigator who oddly enough dropped us. At first Talia wasn't too interested but then she became more and more interested. We have talked about how she can live with Heavenly Father and her family and how she can start over. We showed her the "Becasue he lives" Mormon message and she loved it. She said that everyone always looks so happy and she just wants to be happy. It is going to take some time and I may not even see her get baptized but she really has a desire and I know that she will eventually get baptized. It is something that she wants to do. I know that she has felt the spirit. 

We are also teaching the University students still, except only two of them are still meeting with us. They are really cool. They still have loads of questions and it will take some time with them as well but they are so interested in the Gospel and what we do. Jack and Jessica are the ones that we are teaching. Jack is really cool. He said that he doesn't know if he will be Mormon because he is happy the way he is but he is still interested in hearing our message out....well Jack you are hooked and now we are just reeling in slowly haha!! No, but really they are super cool. They ask loads of good questions and we are going to finish teaching them the Restoration this Friday

We have been finding a lot this week again. It has been hard but I think we have done okay. We have found loads of people. We found this guy named Rick. He is very interested. Unfortunately he is sick right now but he said that we could come by in a week. We have also found another guy named John. He said he used to be religious but has sort of lost his faith. He said if he could get it back it would be good. He said we are good Chaps so we could come around again. They are both really nice and I think they are both pretty interested in the Gospel.

Well It has also been an interesting week because I feel like I am learning a lot. I have had many thoughts and one of them has been I only have 10 months left. What am I doing with my time and with the Lords time? I feel like I have to learn something more. I will take Dads advice and I am going to continue studying, pondering, and praying. I know that there is something more I need to do in the short time that I have. I know that Heavenly Father will help me along the way. I will probably keep you updated on the things I learn. I love you all and hope you are all doing absolutely amazing. Know that I miss you and I pray for you always. If there is anything you need please let me know. Keep doing good and being good. Heavenly Father does bless us as we are obedient.
God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

"All the Elders messin' about last Preparation day."

No comments:

Post a Comment