Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Another bites the dust...and another one down and another one down!

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family, 

I  haven't written Mrs. Drake yet, but I am still going to. I need to do way better at writing letters! Well I love all the pictures!! You all seem like you are having fun. I love seeing your happy smiling faces! The Piano Guys thing was really good. I watched it and WOW, it was very good. They all have amazing Testimonies. 

So another transfer has bitten the dust!!! I can't believe how fast it is going. It seriously just seems like yesterday that the transfer started!! I am still in Leeds and I am still serving with Elder Jeng, except we are moving flats so I will send you our new address next week. In the mean time you can send everything to the mission office!!! :) 

This week I have learned quite a bit. I have learned about seeing people "through Heavens Eyes" as the song says. I have also learned that I need to put more effort into the work. I have made covenants with Heavenly Father, and part of those covenants is feeding His sheep, with all my heart, mind, might, and strength. Any suggestions on how I can become better? I would appreciate them very much! 

Well, Talia is still Talia. She still is going through loads of things, but she is well on her way to changing her life. She got a job and she is applying for University, which is very good. She is putting in loads of effort. She is still reading the Book of Mormon and Praying, but I don't know how much she is taking in. Lately she hasn't been showing much interest in the gospel, but I think her desire is still there. We are going to see her on Wednesday and hopefully we will be able to help her re-gain her desire. 

We are working with a Lad named Sam. Well Sam is super cool. He studies Religious Education and loves religion. He let us know the reason why he studies it is because he wants a relationship with Heavenly Father and wants to know he is there but doesn't know yet. He is really confused. Elder Jeng and I both bore our testimonies to him and the Spirit was so strong. We scheduled him for November 21st and he is really eager to learn and to come to gain a relationship with Heavenly Father. He is just super busy all the time so it is hard to catch him in, but I know that he will gain a testimony as he reads the Book of Mormon and prays and he will be baptized on the 21st!

We are also working with a guy by the name of Nick. Well you take one look at Nick and your initial judgement will be he is a very bad guy. Haha. But Nick is the kindest guy ever. He has a degree, he is an architect and an artist. He has a big family and loves them so much. We knocked on his mother's door while he was there. She wasn't interested but later we met him outside and he was really interested. He said he doesn't know what is out there but wants to know. He wants to believe that he will live with his family forever. He is such a good guy. We haven't been able to see him for a few days but he has a very open mind and is a very deep thinker. He is a great guy. We scheduled him for the 28th of November and he said that if he finds out that this is all real he will do anything to come closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

Well so many good things are happening. They may be small, but it really are the small things that matter. It is the small things that then turn into great and marvelous miracles. Miracles are definitely happening. I am learning, my testimony is growing and I know that I still have loads of room for improvement. I know that as one exercises faith, the little seed of a testimony grows into a magnificent tree which bears delicious fruit. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and it works!! I love this gospel. I love you all and hope all is going well. 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES.

Love, Elder Tyler Rife


"Please find enclosed a picture of your son Elder Rife having food at my house for tea with his companion Elder Jeng."

We received a very sweet email sent by a member from Leeds In West Yorkshire, England early this morning along with this picture. (Both Steve and I were ready to start our day bright and early...as we were standing in the kitchen, both of us checking our phones to see if Tyler's weekly email had come today since we didn't get his email yesterday because of transfers...Bro. Clarke's sent us his email right before we got Tyler's email for the week.) What a fun surprise and such a choice blessing to hear from someone who works closely with Tyler that he is doing well and serving our Heavenly Father faithfully.
Thank you Brother Clarke!




       "WHY BELIEVE? WELL BECAUSE IT ONLY BRINGS YOU HAPPINESS....COME ON PEOPLE!!!! :)"

Elder Jeng and I in front of a War Memorial for WW1 and WW2



No comments:

Post a Comment