Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Arise, Arise, Arise - Monday, May 23, 2016

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family, 

To start off I don't know why Grandma has missed the past few weeks. I made sure she was on this time. I haven't got the letter you have sent. I will probably get it today or this coming week. I can't believe how talented my family is. I wish I had some of these genes. haha. Kylee, Kinley, and Mila have really come far in their dancing careers. Haha I can't believe Tanner and what he did with his cake. Oh the good stories that go on facebook. Remember mine about the sandwich and asking the random guy to make it. Yeah I know you guys weren't too happy about it but I look back and I laugh so much. Mum, we have been telling you this. You are an amazing MUM!!! And person. You do so much for everyone. I am happy that you were able to get that award. You really have done so much for us, and especially for me. I love you Mum. As for Flash, I don't think he has left the family.....You still have 6 kids, who will eventually have families. I don't know if he has visited Kinley and Mila. But he might just stick with the family. I really like that poem Dad. It really is good. I have always been impressed by the talent that you have. I love reading your poems. I have tried doing something similar but haven't been able to come up with something like yours. 

This week has been good. Elder Bailey and I have been working hard this week and to be fair it doesn't seem like we got a lot done but when looking back I feel like we have accomplished a lot and we have great plans for the coming week.

We have been doing a lot of finding lately. Many people have rejected us and it is hard sometimes, but then you also look back and I see all the people that we have been able to bear testimony to and we are going to see them very soon. So hopefully something comes out of it. 

We finally contacted James again. He is the Born Again Christian who is friends with David May. We taught him for a little while and then he got in a car accident. Well he is doing better now. We set up a lesson and we planned to teach him the Plan of Salvation. Well we got past the first point of living in the Pre-Mortal Existence. He just knows his stuff. But This next week we have planned to bring a member who knows his stuff as well. James hasn't been reading, because of his accident, so we are planning to invite him to read and pray again because we know that bible bashing will go nowhere. So we will bear hard core testimony and invite him to start reading the Book of Mormon again and pray about the truthfulness of the message we share. He will be great. 

Eloise unfortunately won't be able to make it to her baptismal date this week. She decided she wants a little bit more time to figure out if it is true. So she is working towards the end of June. A miracle happened to her this past week though. It was so cool. She went on holiday to Sweden. Well we got a text from her telling us that her flight got cancelled, but she was getting really stressed out so she decided to read Mosiah 2. She remembered it was a reading that we gave her a few days before. So she read it and said that she felt so peaceful as she read it. We explained to her that it was the Spirit and said that it was Heavenly Father telling her that the Book of Mormon was true and good. She is well on her way. We are seeing her on Wednesday and will hopefully help her work towards baptism. 

Sue is still doing good. She came to church again and is loving it. The sisters have been seeing her and we have been seeing her as well. She has still been struggling with reading the Book of Mormon but we gave her a children's book a few weeks ago so we are going to have her start reading that. That is what she is missing. She believes it is all true but the reason she isn't getting a desire is because she hasn't been reading the Book of Mormon. So we are just trying to get her to read now. The way we are going to do this is teach about the importance of the Book of Mormon and bear testimony of it. Hopefully she will then start reading. 

Good things have been happening. Love you all and hope you are all well. Keep dancing. 

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife


Man!  That missionary of ours hasn't sent us ANY pictures for FOUR WHOLE WEEKS!!!!
I'm going to have to get on him!  He knows his Mamma likes pictures! :)

Shortly after adding the last four weeks of emails to Tyler's missionary blog...
YES...I've been four weeks behind!!! :0
 I got onto facebook and was wonderfully surprised to see a video. It was shared with us by an investigator that  Tyler and his companion Elder Bailey have been teaching. So much fun!  She mentioned that the elders thought it was a boring video but that to a mother they could have been sleeping in the video and their mother's would enjoy watching it!!!  She is absolutely correct!  I sat and watched and thoroughly enjoyed!  I even took a couple of screenshots as the video played!  Hey at least they are pictures!!!  Sue also mentioned that she would take care of our "lack of pictures" problem!!!! :D
THANK YOU Again Sue for brightening our day!  



No comments:

Post a Comment