Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Teetering on the edge of everlasting life - Monday, May 16, 2016

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family

Time really has been going by so quickly. I cannot believe it. There is so much to do and so little time. But I guess like they say take life as it comes and continue to look to the Savior....I don't know if they actually say that but whatever. Haha. I haven't got the letter yet but I should be getting it very soon. I'm glad FHE is going So well. I love FHE. It honestly is great. That is interesting about Dad's roots, but super cool as well. What Mum...you have been lying to me??? I have been telling people that you went to school with Donny, because English people love the Osmonds!!!! Oh my gosh I am going to be held accountable for lying to people now!! Just kidding but really. Happy Birthday Tanner. I can't believe that you are an old man now! We will have to catch up on loads of things! I love ya brother.

This week has been good. First you gotta give me credit for my email title. I will explain it. So many people we are working with have been teetering on the edge. Just trying to get an answer. 

Sue for one. She is so amazing. Sue has been meeting with the sisters as well to kind of help her a bit. We thought that it would help her because the sisters can go by whenever they want to see Sue. We were only able to see Sue once this week and then at church. But she informed us that she hasn't been reading because it is confusing. So we gave her a children's Book of Mormon and committed her to reading it. We were able to bear testimony of the power which comes from reading the Book of Mormon. I truly know that it is the word of God. I also know that when we read it, it helps us to know of the wonderful gospel, which then leads us to seek and inquire of the Lord to know if it is the word of God. I have received an answer that the Book of Mormon is true and my testimony is strengthened every time I read it. I learn something knew everyday and I love that Book. Sue is just on the edge. I know that if she reads the Book of Mormon she will receive a solid answer that it is true and that will then lead her to make more promises with our Father in Heaven.

So we have told you about David May. He is a less active member but is working on coming back. He is amazing as well. We lost contact with him for a little bit but finally got in contact with him. We taught him the Plan of Salvation and I am pretty sure he taught us more. David knows so much about the gospel and he knows it is true. 

Eloise came to church on her own this week. It was so crazy cause she was like "can I come to church this week?" and we were like "haha yes of course". When she came to church this week she got fellow shipped so well. She was just going to stay for 2 hours and she was going to come to our class but the YSA were amazing and just treated her like they had all been friends for life. She ended up staying for the full 3 hours and she loved it. Eloise is working towards the 28th of May to get baptized. She has told us hat it all makes sense and that it makes her happy but she just doesn't know yet if it is the right thing to do. I think she is just afraid about making he commitment which is understandable. But we are just trying to help her understand that baptism is just a gate to many more blessings. I have a good feeling that she will get baptized. Cross our fingers and pray like none other. 

Well I love you all. God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES. 

Love, Elder Tyler Rife

No comments:

Post a Comment