Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Keep on Truckin' - Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Hiya Mum, Dad, and Family,

First to answer your questions, I do know Elder Davis Crabb. He was
such a great guy. He was a really good example to me and a great
missionary. He was one of my first Zone Leaders almost 1 1/2 years
ago. Crazy how time has gone by. Preparation day was changed to
Tuesday this week because of bank holiday, so the libraries were
closed yesterday. I will be skyping Kynsie's account at12 noon your time if
that is still okay. I still need to find a place to skype though.
Don't worry about me I am fine. However, last week I got a really bad migraine.
They don't happen very often and really usually I am just able to take  
some Tylenol and it most of the time makes it not as bad. However, this  
week I haven't been the best. You know the saying...You are burning the 
candle at both ends?  Well I did that.  I was worrying too much and
stressed out trying to help people from our teaching pool that have dropped
off the radar so I was very stressed and was exhausted to the point that I was 
up throughout the night throwing up and very sick to my stomach. Some of 
it was probably food poisoning but my whole body just feels like it can't move 
right now. I am doing good though. Elder Bailey gave me a blessing and I 
have been resting. I think the problem was I realized that I don't have all the
time in the world and I realized I needed to be better so I pushed myself
beyond my capacity. But please don't worry I am doing good now. I just keep 
on truckin'.

Tanner you stud you! You are having so much fun in Student Government
aren't you. That is really good. Student Government was one of my
favorite classes and things to do. But remember as well to put the
most important things first. Which is family. I didn't realize this
until I was well into the mission. I found out that my family means
the world to me. I wish I would have treated everyone better than I
had. Family is the most important thing that we have. We gotta stick
together. Every week it sounds like you are all very busy and enjoying
life. Getting really involved in life. But don't get so caught up in
life that you forget to smell the roses. I can't believe Provo High is
moving. Where to? Goodness gracious...first Grandview and now Provo
High. Where are my schools going?!!!

This week has been a little bit tough, but Elder Bailey and I have
just been truckin'. Elder Bailey is such a good missionary. He really
doesn't deserve me as his trainer. I have so many imperfections, I
have learned more from him than probably he from me. Unfortunately a
few of our investigators have dropped off the radar. We haven't been
able to contact some of them which is pretty annoying but on the
bright side we still are seeing miracles.

Sue is absolutely amazing. The past few days we haven't been able to
contact her. Please pray for her. We think something is wrong with her
Mum. But we figured out something very important with Sue. So she
unfortunately isn't going to be baptized on the 7th of May, which is
so sad, but she told us that she will one day. She explained to us
that she knows everything is true. She has taken bits and pieces from
other churches and put them all together and then she realized that
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has everything that
she already believes. She knows that she needs to get baptized and she
knows that all of her questions will be answered eventually but she
said right now she doesn't have the desire. She said she has been
praying for a desire and thinks maybe it is just because she isn't
ready. We also believe it is somewhat social as well. We have been
taking members  by but I still don't think that she feels like she is
part of the Ward. So our plan now is just to help her gain a desire,
which will come over time. Sue is such a wonderful lady. I know that
she will enter into the waters of baptism. Maybe not for a little bit,
but she will.

We also are still working with Elosie, Becca, and Susannah. They all
have been to church now and really really enjoyed it. They were
atheist. We have been teaching them about God and about who He is.
They have been reading and praying. We took Serena and Matteo Bortone
(a brother and sister in the ward) and we taught them the Gospel of
Jesus Christ. They took it so well and really enjoyed it. They said
that they had questions answered that they didn't even know they had.
Well we then asked them if they believe that God is their Eternal
Father. They said yes. They said they believe it! Hallelujah. That is
probably one of the best feelings ever. Hearing someone say that they
know Heavenly Father lives, when before they didn't know. I was
smiling the whole lesson, they probably thought something was wrong
with my mouth! We taught them the Restoration again and testified to
them that we know that the Church of Jesus Christ has been restored to
the earth. The next step for them is to find out if Joseph Smith is a
prophet and if The Book of Mormon is true.

We honestly have been seeing success. This week has been a very
humbling week for me. I have learned a lot and have realized that I
need to be way better. But I am so thankful for my testimony of the
Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am also so thankful for my family. Because
without you all and the Gospel I don't know where I would be. I love
you all and am excited to skype with you.

God be with you till we meet again. On our way. #10sof1000s. HE LIVES.

Love, Elder Tyler Rife
Sorry no pictures....I have really slacked on pictures this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment